• Help Support TNDeer:

Tough Conditions

I was hunting Christian county, KY last weekend on the MZ hunt. Saw one small buck dogging a doe pretty hard. Had a group of bucks at 60 yards. A 6 point that was by far the largest deer on the hoof I've ever seen, a decent 9 point and a big 4 point. They were all cruising together. Saw another buck with 4 does, several spikes and forkies. Everyone hunting saw deer. Absolutely no acorns anywhere on the property, not much water either, the ponds are just about dried up. It was hot and the deer were moving all day.

I think this little front over the Juvi weekend should help.

However, after that, serious heat Halloween week. The next strong front isn't in the models until the day before MZ opener.

I've always said, the best week of archery only season is the week leading up to muzzleloader. I've sat on stand with a bow first week in November and it feels like rifle season but it is still archery only.

I've always said, the best week of archery only season is the week leading up to muzzleloader. I've sat on stand with a bow first week in November and it feels like rifle season but it is still archery only.
Unfortunately, buck activity on my property peaks the first three days of November, and rarely can we MZ hunt any of that (just the one year in seven when MZ opens November 3rd).

Latest posts

Back