• Help Support TNDeer:

Tower/Condo Stand Pictures

1000002727.webp

Some of the few I've built over the years. Most are 4'x6'. I'd highly recommend you buy the angle brackets for the corner legs.

Attachments

• IMG_2205.webp
    IMG_2205.webp
    443 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3541.webp
    IMG_3541.webp
    334.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5803.webp
    IMG_5803.webp
    292.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7833.webp
    IMG_7833.webp
    368.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7834.webp
    IMG_7834.webp
    197.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9221.webp
    IMG_9221.webp
    376.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7930.webp
    IMG_7930.webp
    332 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7919.webp
    IMG_7919.webp
    240.8 KB · Views: 1
Is a 6x6 worth 300$ extra over a 4x6? Will have kids and or a buddy with me.
We have several 4'x6' and a couple of 6'x6'. The extra room of a 6'x6' can be nice when hunting with two people, but when I hunt the 6'x6' alone I find it's too wide (IF you may be shooting any direction). I find I have to roll my chair from side to side to see down out of the windows. I actually prefer the 4'x6'.

We have several 4'x6' and a couple of 6'x6'. The extra room of a 6'x6' can be nice when hunting with two people, but when I hunt the 6'x6' alone I find it's too wide (IF you may be shooting any direction). I find I have to roll my chair from side to side to see down out of the windows. I actually prefer the 4'x6'.
I agree with this. If you're hunting from more than 2 sides of the blind, I'd look at a 4x8 over a 6x6 if you need extra room. I have a 6x8 that I used when my kids were younger and you have to roll back and forth (old office chair) to see out of 3 sides.

In my experience… you can build one that is a huge investment of time and also effort, or for about the same money money you can buy one of the plastic ones. The plastic ones seal up a lot better and the windows work better than anything you can rig up. Not to mention, they are way more portable if you decide to move it. That would be my biggest suggestion… is to make sure you know where you want it and never have to move it. Holy cow what a pain
IMG_9251.webp

In my experience… you can build one that is a huge investment of time and also effort, or for about the same money money you can buy one of the plastic ones. The plastic ones seal up a lot better and the windows work better than anything you can rig up. Not to mention, they are way more portable if you decide to move it. That would be my biggest suggestion… is to make sure you know where you want it and never have to move it. Holy cow what a pain
View attachment 235188
Pretty sure I built mine cheaper than you can buy one. And that's not including taking into account lumber and materials I already have laying around. Of course, I'm probably going by previous lumber prices. Either way, still a lot of labor, so going the purchase route might be the best bet.

View attachment 235188
With the Cumberland Gas Pipeline project coming through our property we have two shooting houses we have to move in the next couple of weeks....already have extendable fork lift reserved at local rental place because our tractor loader wont go high enough...not gonna be fun but Im hoping the extendable fork lift will make the job easier...for taking down and setting up in new location...we'll see.

And that's why we've only put shooting houses on food plots. We know we'll always want at least one stand on each food plot, hence by placing the shooting houses there, we'll probably never need to move them. And it freed up ladder stands that had been on food plots for use in other locations.

Latest posts

Back