• Help Support TNDeer:

Tower/Condo Stand Pictures

With the Cumberland Gas Pipeline project coming through our property we have two shooting houses we have to move in the next couple of weeks....already have extendable fork lift reserved at local rental place because our tractor loader wont go high enough...not gonna be fun but Im hoping the extendable fork lift will make the job easier...for taking down and setting up in new location...we'll see.
I moved one across a food plot with forks on a front end loader. It wasn't too difficult. Several straps were needed. Watch out for overhanging limbs

I built this one, and am happy with most of it. The windows could be better but they have worked ok. It's 6x6 and can fit two pretty comfortably, but I usually hunt alone. I used an old warehouse ladder but a wooden platform and stairs should be easy to add on.

J3lQeDE.jpg

I01oUqj.jpg

VgyFvZ7.jpg
Looks great!

Tn_Va_Hunter,

How hard was it to judge the different lengths the legs needed to be on that condo positioned on the hillside?
Not hard at all. Used 2 levels and the forks of my tractor to raise it. Cut off what was needed and lower. Once leveled I secured it to the ground. They have made it through a small tornado that took out over half the mature timber on the property. I feel pretty confident in them.

Not hard at all. Used 2 levels and the forks of my tractor to raise it. Cut off what was needed and lower. Once leveled I secured it to the ground. They have made it through a small tornado that took out over half the mature timber on the property. I feel pretty confident in them.
I saw you used the t-post method of securing the condos. I'm a big believer in that method.

I saw you used the t-post method of securing the condos. I'm a big believer in that method.
It works very well. I secured it with large screws and then used u bolts around it also.

I also used the carpet as a template and cut out 1/2 plywood for the floors and bolted it through. Really makes it feel a lot more stable.

BSK, being in east TN all my houses are typically on uneven ground. The easiest way that I have found is to use a $39 dollar Amazon lazer lever and mark the level of the lowest pre-dug hole on a 2x4. Then mark the other holes on the same board to get the differences. I then cut the posts (typically 12 footers) off the needed amount and set the house with the tractor and forks on the posts. The only thing is to number or remember which mark goes to which hole. The house is then easy to level with a few minor adjustments while the forks are still under it. Once the bracing and T-posts are installed the tractor is backed out from under and all that is left is adding the steps. Everything is rock solid once the steps are tied in.
Shooting House.webp

BSK, being in east TN all my houses are typically on uneven ground. The easiest way that I have found is to use a $39 dollar Amazon lazer lever and mark the level of the lowest pre-dug hole on a 2x4. Then mark the other holes on the same board to get the differences. I then cut the posts (typically 12 footers) off the needed amount and set the house with the tractor and forks on the posts. The only thing is to number or remember which mark goes to which hole. The house is then easy to level with a few minor adjustments while the forks are still under it. Once the bracing and T-posts are installed the tractor is backed out from under and all that is left is adding the steps. Everything is rock solid once the steps are tied in.
View attachment 235689
What a great idea! Thanks for posting Bodeanie!

BSK, I have four of the 6x6 octagon houses and two large houses that are 6x8. Each had their own problems to get set, but that's what kids (cheap labor) are for. The tractor sure makes life easier. If you ever get bored and want to head east, let me know. I have a little over 300 acres in Meigs Co. that I am trying to stay on top of and would love for you to look at and give me some thoughts and ideas for improvements.
Rock Pile Shooting House.webp
Long Holler House.webp
Middle House.webp
Front Field House.webp
Far End Huose.webp
Moving House.webp
Setting House.webp

View attachment 235836
Anchored at each corner with a Tpost with a hole drilled and a 10" lag screw through it plus center ratchet strap. I prefer ladder stands , climbers, and the ground over this stand but I hunt driving driving rain storms and down pours from here.
That's my thinking. I rarely hunt food plots (where we have all our condo stands), but on a rainy, windy day, no place better to be!

Latest posts

Back