• Help Support TNDeer:

Trip booked

Yea, that Elite tourney opened some eyes. Guys in practice were carping it was going to be an off year there and then it ends up taking over a 5 pound average for 4 days. But you could attribute most of that being as calm as it was the entire 4 day to be able to get in the lake the maximum amount of time. Usually it is 1 calm day and 3 days of 5-6 foot rollers.

He said the smallmouth fishing there was almost as good as Ontario.

The other positive about Ontario is we rarely see another boat fishing while we are there.

Yea but you have to have the shot to cross that border now
That is why I didn't go this year. Actually one place on Lake of the Woods you can go without a shot, but if you take your own boat it is a hour and half ride to the camp, across that big body of water, which could be impossible depending on the wind.. You stay on an island in MN, and you can fish on the canadian side, just cannot get out of the boat on the Canadian side.

It should be a good trip. A old tournament buddy of mine from 15 years ago is semi pro now and he's the guide. He's been up there all summer and has stayed in them.

Man I'm jealous. This is basically the trip I was going to take my dad and brother on after I graduated from school, but my dad passed away before I could finish. Hope you catch them all!

Latest posts

Back