• Help Support TNDeer:

Upset alert?

These transplants gettin a dose of reality. True SEC teams have a shot to win every week, despite their records. Be brutal over here
I went to austin to watch state play TX the last week of september. I had set things up to go over a year ago and wasn't going to cancel the trip no matter how bad state was this year.

The fans were fully expecting TX to cover the 38 point spread and us to not put up a fight with our record and now a backup freshman QB making his first collegiate start.

I told them when I was walking out of the stadium, welcome to the sec and congrats on their win. Several TX fans said much respect! The game was much closer than they thought it would be.

I replied back, this is the worst miss state team defense I've seen in 20 years! They looked a little perplexed almost like they thought I wasn't being serious. maybe because they came no where near running up the score or even close to covering the spread.

I had fun with the experience but I knew the masses of that fan base had no idea what they were truly in for! Them getting beat like a choctaw drum yesterday made me smile.

Where was this Ga team when they played Al?
A lot of the playmakers were injured at that time. I posted about that before the game. UGA's backups are solid, but to play the type of defense they that they like to (disruptive, borderline reckless) they need to have their really special players. Their defense was just average against Bama because they didn't have those.

Same but different for the offense… down 2 starting offensive linemen and a couple bruiser running backs.

Not making excuses. Everyone deals with injuries and UGA didn't adjust or play well enough for the full game to win it. Bama played better for most of the game and earned it, and I congratulated their fan base for it. But when UGA is healthier along the lines like this week then they can play like they did yesterday. Still looking forward to getting a couple of RBs and Tate Ratledge back hopefully in time for the UF game

Latest posts

Back