• Help Support TNDeer:

Vol Fans?

PalsPal

Nico was very impressive. He throws such a catchable ball and is on the money with the receiver's momentum.

Several of those type drives would've stalled last year with just a slightly errant pass.

Barring turnovers or injury, we should be in all of the games this year.

Originally, I had a little worry about NC State this week, and it still could be tight for a while, but after their weak showing in their opener, we should handle them fairly easily.

Nico was VERY impressive and didn't disappoint. Will he be worth 8 million? Not if the vols don't make it to the playoffs. And UTC didn't exactly have the best secondary.

They looked good. Should be a good season. However, I estimate if we don't go to SEC championship, it will be torch and pitchfork time and cue the "is Josh H the guy" crowd. From an alum, somewhat exhausting. All teams are good, talent pool is huge, money flowing everywhere. When will it be enough? Looking forward to watching games w fam this season and enjoying the ride/inevitable disappointment that comes from being a Vols fan. GBO!

Nico was VERY impressive and didn't disappoint. Will he be worth 8 million? Not if the vols don't make it to the playoffs. And UTC didn't exactly have the best secondary.
He looked good-very good- but like with all the sec power teams (except Georgi) they were playing pitch and catch against players who are not on the same level
In terms of size and speed.

Screenshot_20240902-043135_X.webp

Purdue beat their cupcake opponent 49-0 and the QB tied the FBS record for completion percentage going 24 for 25. I don't expect Purdue to win more than 4 games this year. We can't glean much from such games as these unless your team struggles.

Nico was very impressive. He throws such a catchable ball and is on the money with the receiver's momentum.

Several of those type drives would've stalled last year with just a slightly errant pass.

Barring turnovers or injury, we should be in all of the games this year.

Originally, I had a little worry about NC State this week, and it still could be tight for a while, but after their weak showing in their opener, we should handle them fairly easily.
The betting line is TN -4.5. I suspect the pros in Vegas know that it won't be a blowout.

I think my Vols finally have a little depth where the starters can get a little rest during the game without the wheels coming off. I agree that we should have a chance in all the games this year, but still think 9-3 will be the end result.

After that game, I left saying that I didn't know if we were that good or UTC was that bad, but I also remember the Austin Peay game last year, and several under the Dooley/Pruitt years where we struggle bussed to the 4th quarter.

Basically, we handled business the way we should have. We don't know for sure what we have, but what would you have expected us to do different?

Heupel addressed the stalls late in the 1st half, but that was the only issues really and good grief, we were already boat racing them by that point…

We got to see our depth in the second half, and it wasn't unimpressive. Young guys got some field time, and no one came away injured. I think it was a pretty good day.

After that game, I left saying that I didn't know if we were that good or UTC was that bad, but I also remember the Austin Peay game last year, and several under the Dooley/Pruitt years where we struggle bussed to the 4th quarter.

Basically, we handled business the way we should have. We don't know for sure what we have, but what would you have expected us to do different?

Heupel addressed the stalls late in the 1st half, but that was the only issues really and good grief, we were already boat racing them by that point…

We got to see our depth in the second half, and it wasn't unimpressive. Young guys got some field time, and no one came away injured. I think it was a pretty good day.
Good day indeed but obviously little competition. With Joe M under center, I suspect we would have scored around 40. Nico is gonna be fun to watch

The betting line is TN -4.5. I suspect the pros in Vegas know that it won't be a blowout.

I think my Vols finally have a little depth where the starters can get a little rest during the game without the wheels coming off. I agree that we should have a chance in all the games this year, but still think 9-3 will be the end result.

Up to 7.5 now. If I were a gambler, I'd be all over that.

Good day indeed but obviously little competition. With Joe M under center, I suspect we would have scored around 40. Nico is gonna be fun to watch
Agreed. The first time I saw him actually move his eyes from his first read to the second read I got a little giddy inside. Clearly the competition might as well have been a high school team but his accuracy and ability to process is next level.

You saw depth in the first quarter. Tennessee played 30+ players on defense in the 1st qt.
In comparison, NC St played 19 on defense the entire game against WCU.

Latest posts

Back