• Help Support TNDeer:

Walleye on Clinch

This is really bad advice. With the generators off you're not floating anything other than maybe a kayak through miller's island. Sure you can drag a boat through, but you're not floating. Zero chance

Saying otherwise is potentially causing someone to try and get into a bad situation.
Yeah, that's not the section I'm fishing.
I'm 10 minutes from where the Clinch crosses Hwy. 25 E at the Claiborne/Grainger county line.
I'll trout fish below Norris.
No boat,yet.☹️

This is really bad advice. With the generators off you're not floating anything other than maybe a kayak through miller's island. Sure you can drag a boat through, but you're not floating. Zero chance

Saying otherwise is potentially causing someone to try and get into a bad situation.
Keep in mind there are times they are releasing water and not generating... there is a big difference... if they are not releasing any water, the water below the weir dam is very shallow as you have said but there are times they are releasing water but not running a generator... when it is like this, there is plenty of water below to do what he was saying

I'm talking about the warm water section
I don't know what those guys are talking about😀
You're not too far from the Powell either. Check out Lonesome Valley. I've caught some walleye over there from the bank in late winter, early spring before the water backs up near Earl's Hollow. Take a gun with you. Maybe two.

Guys
I'm talking about this area.
Between Tazewell and Thorn hill

Attachments

• B4211C28-459C-4907-A689-D82630260069.jpeg
    B4211C28-459C-4907-A689-D82630260069.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 54
You're not too far from the Powell either. Check out Lonesome Valley. I've caught some walleye over there from the bank in late winter, early spring before the water backs up near Earl's Hollow. Take a gun with you. Maybe two.
Like "Get a Glock if you see Tupac" bad?

I've fished both the clinch and Powell sides from boat and could give some good advice either way on that front…used to do so a lot before life got in the way. From the bank I would have to do some digging to figure out how to access, but I have caught some walleye from places that are fairly accessible from the bank.

The best walleye trips I've ever had have all been on the Clinch side of Norris having fished all over Kentucky/Tennessee. Lots of double digit trips.

Keep in mind there are times they are releasing water and not generating... there is a big difference... if they are not releasing any water, the water below the weir dam is very shallow as you have said but there are times they are releasing water but not running a generator... when it is like this, there is plenty of water below to do what he was saying
I've spent basically 40 years on the Clinch below Norris Dam. I grew up in Norris riding my bike to the river, guided fly fisherman on it for another decade and fish it as much as anyone. I have never seen them release water without atleast a generator other than one time a few years ago when both units were offline.

You're not too far from the Powell either. Check out Lonesome Valley. I've caught some walleye over there from the bank in late winter, early spring before the water backs up near Earl's Hollow. Take a gun with you. Maybe tw
That is without a doubt the sketchiest place I've been in East TN.

Looks like I'm skipping Earls Hollow,
Don't be a sissy. There's fish down there. Earl's Hollow is on the other side of the river from Lonesome Valley. You'll get to hear some free banjo music while you're down there. In all seriousness, I never had any issues with anyone at Earl's Hollow or Lonesome Valley. I don't go without a sidearm though.

Don't be a sissy. There's fish down there. Earl's Hollow is on the other side of the river from Lonesome Valley. You'll get to hear some free banjo music while you're down there. In all seriousness, I never had any issues with anyone at Earl's Hollow or Lonesome Valley. I don't go without a sidearm though.
Lol
Wanna be my wingman?
Talk to me Goose.
I'm gonna check it out in a week or two.

I luckily haven't either, but the opportunity for some sort of shenanigans certainly exists. Forget a sidearm bring a bazooka 😂😂😂

Oh and Lonesome Valley has epic mud.

figjam (setter dog) cannot tie his shoes without asking about right and left.

I spent 3 years on the upper Clinch and Powell rivers collecting walleye and sauger data. 2 more on the lake population. Electrofished 2 world records.

Collected 3,900 walleye. I think I know something.

My Masters was on catch rates, exploitation, age and growth, and population estimates.

No one in the state knows more about walleye on Norris than me.

Back