• Help Support TNDeer:

Walleye on Clinch

figjam (setter dog) cannot tie his shoes without asking about right and left.

I spent 3 years on the upper Clinch and Powell rivers collecting walleye and sauger data. 2 more on the lake population. Electrofished 2 world records.

Collected 3,900 walleye. I think I know something.

My Masters was on catch rates, exploitation, age and growth, and population estimates.

No one in the state knows more about walleye on Norris than me.
Wtf you attacking me? I literally know zero about walleye fishing the clinch/Powell areas on Norris lake. Never claimed to know anything about that fishery. So you can take whatever BS you are spewing towards me and stick it up your ass

I am however intimately familiar with the area and have taken a boat out at Lonesome valley several hundred times.

I spent 3 years on the upper Clinch and Powell rivers collecting walleye and sauger data. 2 more on the lake population. Electrofished 2 world records.

My Masters was on catch rates, exploitation, age and growth, and population estimates.

That's some good info.
I'd love to be on an electro fishing boat,

So where can we catch some and what do we need to tie on?

You're not too far from the Powell either. Check out Lonesome Valley. I've caught some walleye over there from the bank in late winter, early spring before the water backs up near Earl's Hollow. Take a gun with you. Maybe two.
Damn straight.

Wtf you attacking me? I literally know zero about walleye fishing the clinch/Powell areas on Norris lake. Never claimed to know anything about that fishery. So you can take whatever BS you are spewing towards me and stick it up your ass

I am however intimately familiar with the area and have taken a boat out at Lonesome valley several hundred times.
Congrats?

You no nothing per your words, but offer advice???

So where can we catch some and what do we need to tie on?
Right now, jigs with a minnow around Point 32 on the Clinch. 12-20 feet of water if the river isn't above 3,000 cfs at the gauge station at 25.

On the Powell, below Greasy Hollow same depth. Don't try to fish the Powell if flow is above 2,000 cfs. Powell at Arthur is the gauge station.

So have I. Probably 100 plus times a spring for 3 years. Shocked up 2 world record Striped Bass above the railroad bridge. 3-4' of water. They were trying very unsuccessfully to spawn.

Congrats?

You no nothing per your words, but offer advice???
What advice exactly did I offer? Only thing I said was is Lonesome valley is sketchy.

Are you illiterate or just mistaken in what I said? Because you're beating your chest and crowing about a species I literally care nothing about. I fish that area but not for the questioned Species.

1673807938925.gif

When you going that makes all the difference in the world if going soon you will be to far up they don't move shallow till end of February to mid march you just have to kinda follow them up their steadily moveing toward the river from the lake so just go and find the big wad of boats

Where to look for them on the powell after they spawn? I fished a lot for SM out of Powell Valley Marina up to the last marina on the Powell, only caught a few. Walleye.

Following as I'm after them this year too..I will say that when it comes to walleye on norris....they seem to be hard to catch...I fish the speedwell area... jacksboro area ...lafollette area...and most I hear being caught are around the loyston part of the lake

Back