• Help Support TNDeer:

Walmart

You like them pretty well? They sold me on the 4 pack
I like them very much. I am using them with my crossbow, and I'm going heavy with bolts and broad heads. I have tried several different mechanical heads, and never have found one that consistently opened. With a fixed blade, I don't have that worry. And they leave an amazing blood trail.

I been waiting since January for them to go on clearance here and it never happened. Think I'm going back to fixed blades and get some slick tricks.
I normally use Magnus Stingers if I go with a fixed blade, but I'll be using the Viper Tricks on my elk hunt this year. I like the Magnus lifetime warranty, and have used it plenty. But, I wanted to use a broadheads with a steel ferrule for elk. I've been shooting them some and they tuned real easy for me. Getting the same groups at 60 as I get with field points.

I like them very much. I am using them with my crossbow, and I'm going heavy with bolts and broad heads. I have tried several different mechanical heads, and never have found one that consistently opened. With a fixed blade, I don't have that worry. And they leave an amazing blood trail.
Good to hear. That last sentence is what I was looking for. Up until last year I've shot good enough that all mine have died within eyesight or hearing them crash. I think if I had been shooting a fixed blade I'd have had better penetration and blood. Thank you

I normally use Magnus Stingers if I go with a fixed blade, but I'll be using the Viper Tricks on my elk hunt this year. I like the Magnus lifetime warranty, and have used it plenty. But, I wanted to use a broadheads with a steel ferrule for elk. I've been shooting them some and they tuned real easy for me. Getting the same groups at 60 as I get with field points.
That's nice there. The slick tricks and the exodus broadheads were the 2 I got the most responses on about being as accurate as field tips. That lifetime warranty sounds sweet. I'll have to remember those if I ever think about switching again. Good luck to you on your elk hunt.

Gotta make room for soccer balls and such
I was in management from 1982-1998 with Kmart. In the 1980's Kmart had a strong hunting and fishing selection. Around 1995 things started to change. One day a District Manager said he was afraid Kmart would become like Target. He was right. Plenty of soccer balls and yard games (less karts) and fewer hunting and fishing items. Before I left them the last day of 1998, worked out a six week notice, guns and ammo were hard to get. Before Kmart went under it had become a soccer mom store.

Times are changing and we are being replaced with folks who don't share the same feelings about the outdoors, I looked at my emails late yesterday and found 2 from Walmart, I had bought 4 tires in 2 batches for $96 a piece, found they refunded for 2 of them, they must not have hit the correct button when I had them put on, will call this morning and get it fixed, it would be nice to have $200 xtra but I just can't do that, we spend a lot more than we should there but the prices are decent and no running around to different stores to get basic things. I hate them but on the other hand I appreciate them being there.

I was in management from 1982-1998 with Kmart. In the 1980's Kmart had a strong hunting and fishing selection. Around 1995 things started to change. One day a District Manager said he was afraid Kmart would become like Target. He was right. Plenty of soccer balls and yard games (less karts) and fewer hunting and fishing items. Before I left them the last day of 1998, worked out a six week notice, guns and ammo were hard to get. Before Kmart went under it had become a soccer mom store.
I remember as a kid (be 55 in Dec) our local Kmart had a great selection of hunting and fishing stuff...and my dad actually bought my first offical deer rifle there...700ADL...but I witnessed exactly what you described. Over time it got weaker and weaker in sporting goods.

When Kmart and Sears merged it left both stores , Kmart kept a little fishing stuff and a few bb guns and that was about it. both were great in their time. Mom shopped at Kmart a lot when I was little, 10 boiled ham sandwiches for $1.

I remember as a kid (be 55 in Dec) our local Kmart had a great selection of hunting and fishing stuff...and my dad actually bought my first offical deer rifle there...700ADL...but I witnessed exactly what you described. Over time it got weaker and weaker in sporting goods.
I remember Kmart in the 90s, as a kid who loved hunting and fishing I'd spend an hour just looking thru all the gear.

Bought my first bow - a Whitetail Hunter - at Kmart in 1980.

Bought my first bow - a Whitetail Hunter - at Kmart in 1980.
My first compound bow came from K-mart. Bear mini-magnum...I remember it had a white riser with a kiwki-kwiver...my Dad bought it for me as a Christmas gift...in our middle TN backyard I killed multiple elk, moose, bison and mule deer with that bow!...in my imagination anyway....but you can bet I wore a trail out walking back and forth to the bale of straw and later a Styrofoam block pulling arrows.

Today I have a Mathews bow...but the passion isnt quite the same.....great memories of that little bow along with autumn orange arrows...believe you bought arrows in a 3 pack cardboard holder back then....such a simpler time.

My first compound bow came from K-mart. Bear mini-magnum...I remember it had a white riser with a kiwki-kwiver...my Dad bought it for me as a Christmas gift...in our middle TN backyard I killed multiple elk, moose, bison and mule deer with that bow!...in my imagination anyway....but you can bet I wore a trail out walking back and forth to the bale of straw and later a Styrofoam block pulling arrows.

Today I have a Mathews bow...but the passion isnt quite the same.....great memories of that little bow along with autumn orange arrows...believe you bought arrows in a 3 pack cardboard holder back then....such a simpler time.
Mine were XX75s, autumn orange.

Latest posts

Back