• Help Support TNDeer:

Weatherby Element Shotguns

rem270

Anyone have one and do you like it or not like it? I picked a 20 ga up in a trade yesterday and reading reviews on them they seem like good guns. It's really light too. I bought a couple boxes of shells for it and killed one squirrel with it yesterday afternoon while walking around. Seen some more but they were moving pretty fast. The last 2 shells I had in there I shot them off quick to see if they would eject alright and it seems to eject just fine. I know some semi autos have issues with ejecting light loads. I'm going to take it out squirrel hunting in the morning but overall so far I really like it.

Lightweight, good shooter. I formed my opinion on it this morning.

20240824_085013.webp

I have one in 12 ga w/26" barrel. I squirrel hunted with it a time or two last year and like it fine. So far, so good but I hope to get a real opinion of it in the dove fields this season.

I believe it's a Turkish gun with weatherby badges. So not a tried and true weatherby, but they have great reviews.

It's the same for the weatherby vanguard. It's not a real weatherby, but gets the job done. It's just from turkey

I believe it's a Turkish gun with weatherby badges. So not a tried and true weatherby, but they have great reviews.

It's the same for the weatherby vanguard. It's not a real weatherby, but gets the job done. It's just from turkey

this is true, only real difference vs a lot of other turkish guns is they are made to weatherby specs vs a turkish gun imported and rebranded. Yes still a turkish gun but they do have some better build quality vs some of the other turkish made guns. Their Orion model is the same deal.

for the price point they are fantastic guns. lack some refinement and features but for the cost they are really nice

I thought the vanguard and the howa actions were the same....and from Japan.?
Unless something has changed recently, the Vanguard is a Howa 1500 action (Japan) with a few tweaks to make it look a little more "Weatherby". I have no idea about the shotguns, but Turkey seems to be manufacturing a lot of the lower price point firearms for many major manufacturers.

Anyone have one and do you like it or not like it? I picked a 20 ga up in a trade yesterday and reading reviews on them they seem like good guns. It's really light too. I bought a couple boxes of shells for it and killed one squirrel with it yesterday afternoon while walking around. Seen some more but they were moving pretty fast. The last 2 shells I had in there I shot them off quick to see if they would eject alright and it seems to eject just fine. I know some semi autos have issues with ejecting light loads. I'm going to take it out squirrel hunting in the morning but overall so far I really like it.
I have the 20 gauge element in the turkey gun version with the 22 inch barrel. The thing is awesome, it shoots a great pattern and has killed every gobbler I have shot at with it. The gun also feels great in your hands.

I have one in 12 ga w/26" barrel. I squirrel hunted with it a time or two last year and like it fine. So far, so good but I hope to get a real opinion of it in the dove fields this season.
Update...Morning 1 in the dove field and I have nothing but positive things to say about my Element. It cycled flawlessly and was pleasant to shoot. I didn't shoot my best but was able to get a limit in 4 shells short of 2 boxes.

Love both of mine (20ga). Have a short woody/turkey/swamp one with 22" barrel and a 26" regular one that I got for my wife though I've shot it mostly 😂 cheap and fit great on the shoulder. My father picked it over more expensive brand name guns he liked it so much

Latest posts

Back