• Help Support TNDeer:

Weekend camping/fishing trip

Dbllunger

A buddy of mine has access to a small private pond about 10 acres in size very near Medon TN so we met up with another old college friend there Friday afternoon. There is a storage building with a front porch so we set up camp and got to fishing in kayaks. This bass were hitting hard and fast and there isn't telling how many we caught. I would say 40 or so at least. We kept enough for a good dinner. We paddled back to camp and I got my filet knife to work cleaning. My buddy Jon did the cooking and we feasted on fried fish and french fries and beer. A great night with old friends telling lies.

We camped that night and rode out the storms and got up about 5am the next morning for round two. I wanted to try some bluegill fishing so I rigged up a bison crappie magnet on some two pound line and started catching them. I was just throwing them back when my buddy paddled over and wanted to try out the magnets. He rigged up with a float and bison cm and found a bed and wore them out. He kept his on a stringer.

We finally all left and drove back to Jackson where we stopped at a roadside barbecue place called Pop's Bar-Bee-Que. We gave him all the bluegill and he loaded us up with some great pork shoulder and what not.

It was a great trip and I know it won't be too long till we all get back together again. Good times with good friends.

Here are a few pics. I caught the biggest bass right at 4 lbs.

Latest posts

Back