• Help Support TNDeer:

What do you use to view images/videos in the field?

BSK

Although it's a minor complaint, I've always wished I had a nice device to view images in the field. Although all my cameras have little viewing screens in them, honestly, I can't see squat on those little 2" screens. I've been plugging the SD cards into an adapter with a USB-C port and plugging that into my phone, but my phone really doesn't like that. Gets a little screwy, plus you have to select the video/image files one at a time. You cannot scroll through images/videos.

I've always wondered if a tablet might be the way to go. I've looked at them many times, but because of the price, couldn't really justify the cost. Well, yesterday I noticed Best Buy had a sale on some of their cheaper models. So I bit the bullet and bought a Lenovo Tab M11. I realize it's somewhat of a low-end brand, but all I want to do is see my images/videos on a large screen. The Tab M11 has a 1920x1200 11" screen. I also bought a drop-proof external case, like an Otter Box. I've tried SD cards in the adapter and the tablet recognizes them and allows me to scroll through and play vides in high-res full color with sound.

Anyone else go to this trouble?

If it were only pulling the cards from a couple cameras, I wouldn't go to this trouble. But I'm servicing sometimes more than 30 cameras on clients' properties, and there's nothing worse than swapping cards, getting home, and realizing a couple of the cameras are aligned wrong. Review in the field allows for correcting problems right then.

How much did you get it for BSK? I also hate looking at them on my phone - they do get screwy. And half the time, the phone doesn't delete the card completely.

It is hard to imagine life without tablets anymore. Ipad is 229 now...worth every penny depending on your use.

What kills me is the cost of some of the tablets. $1,500 for a 13" iPad Pro M4????? What in the Hades? You can buy a good laptop or desktop for a lot less than that! What could make a tablet worth $1,500????

Back