• Help Support TNDeer:

What do you use to view images/videos in the field?

BSK

Although it's a minor complaint, I've always wished I had a nice device to view images in the field. Although all my cameras have little viewing screens in them, honestly, I can't see squat on those little 2" screens. I've been plugging the SD cards into an adapter with a USB-C port and plugging that into my phone, but my phone really doesn't like that. Gets a little screwy, plus you have to select the video/image files one at a time. You cannot scroll through images/videos.

I've always wondered if a tablet might be the way to go. I've looked at them many times, but because of the price, couldn't really justify the cost. Well, yesterday I noticed Best Buy had a sale on some of their cheaper models. So I bit the bullet and bought a Lenovo Tab M11. I realize it's somewhat of a low-end brand, but all I want to do is see my images/videos on a large screen. The Tab M11 has a 1920x1200 11" screen. I also bought a drop-proof external case, like an Otter Box. I've tried SD cards in the adapter and the tablet recognizes them and allows me to scroll through and play vides in high-res full color with sound.

Anyone else go to this trouble?

If it were only pulling the cards from a couple cameras, I wouldn't go to this trouble. But I'm servicing sometimes more than 30 cameras on clients' properties, and there's nothing worse than swapping cards, getting home, and realizing a couple of the cameras are aligned wrong. Review in the field allows for correcting problems right then.

Latest posts

Back