• Help Support TNDeer:

What is your worst rifle you ever owned?

ROVERBOY

Mine hands down was a Mossberg 100ÀTR. It was a .30-06, and it actually shot really good. But, was pretty fragile. I broke 3 extractors in it. They would just snap and fall out. I ordered one from Mossberg in Eagle Pass, Tx. Put it in and shot it maybe twice and it broke. Then sent whole rifle back. They put in a complete bolt. As soon as it arrived back at the house, I put it up for sale. Never looked back. Bye bye.

Marlin 25, 22 bolt action, barrel must have been bent or a bad crown, set scope at 1 distance and same hole, move 5' and off a inch, buddy said I will site it in for you, he used shorts and a thick oak chunk leaned against the wall in his repair shop, it just so happened to be next to the bathroom. I wasn't there when he shot it but he locked it into the vice looked down the barrel ect, well as the story goes it shot 2' to the left and killed the toilet tank in the bathroom as the door was open 😝 , I was scared to death I was going to be paying for it, young kid low wages , he said no problem he had a spare tank, I don't recall what I ever did with the rifle but I am sure some other folks cussed it more than I did. My 2nd most inaccurate 22 is my Daisy 22 with the plastic barrel and rotary mag. shotgun pattern . I gave it to my son as I couldn't afford to shoot it till I hit the target.

Never had a bad one that I can remember.

Knock On Wood Fingers Crossed GIF by giphystudios2021

Mine hands down was a Mossberg 100ÀTR. It was a .30-06, and it actually shot really good. But, was pretty fragile. I broke 3 extractors in it. They would just snap and fall out. I ordered one from Mossberg in Eagle Pass, Tx. Put it in and shot it maybe twice and it broke. Then sent whole rifle back. They put in a complete bolt. As soon as it arrived back at the house, I put it up for sale. Never looked back. Bye bye.
A "sporterized" (use that term loosely) British Enfield .303 that was rechambered to .308

Guy I bought it from had cut the barrel off with a grinder to make it a "scout" rifle, and welded scope mounts on. I was 16 and paid him $30 for it.

Kicked like dynamite, grouped about a foot at 100 yards, and blew out 2 different scopes but did kill a couple of deer.

Enfield #1 Mk3, military trim. Had 2 targets set up side by side 3 feet apart, aim at right target, hit the target on the left. Checked it over, made sure king screw was tight, had someone else look it over and shoot it, same thing. Traded it off to someone else for a 91/30 Mosin. I did disclose the issue, but they were fine with it. Never did figure out what the deal with it was.

mossberg 12 gauge slug gun. I developed such a flinch from that thing that I missed 3 different bucks at 50 yards or less with it. On the last miss I had also scoped myself and was bleeding profusely as I walked out of the woods that night. I hunt shotgun or muzzleloader only zones, so I finally dropped some $ on a smokeless muzzleloader. im getting pissed just thinking about that slug gun now.

Howa 1500 308 I got years ago. Sent it back 3x to howa cause it would not pattern any ammo. They kept sending it back saying they "fixed" it but never could get it to shoot any ammo worth a darn.

No hate on howa in general, know plenty of people that have great results from it but man mine was a POS. Was so bad it still tainted me on ever owning another 308 again lol

Mossberg Patriot.
We tried 5 different ammo brands, weights, etc. it wouldn't ever group worth a damn at 50-100 yards.

I even swapped scopes, rings, bases.

For function any Savage I've owned with a .473" bolt face or larger. Most fed ok but ejection was a big maybe

As far as being a turd I've had to polish accuracy wise it's my cz457.

One particular M16a2 I had while in the army. I consistently got 36-40 in every qualification shoot I've ever done. I got this one rifle and I scored a 29. I went to shoot again on the next firing line. 28. I was pissed. Went back and checked the rifle over real good. I looked down the barrel as best as I could and it seemed like the barrel was just worn out. I swapped with my buddy who already qualified and I got a 39. Range OIC asked how I did so much better. I told him. Two things happened. I got a counseling statement which is the same as getting written up at work, and the barrel on my rifle got replaced.

Back