• Help Support TNDeer:

What is your worst rifle you ever owned?

1968....had an M14 that was awesome. Never failed, heavy, reliable, but, never failed me. Army issued us M16 in 1969 and that beotch would jam if you looked at it wrong.
Bought a 303 enfield in the mid eighties. Thought it might make a good cheap hunting rifle. And it was, you could shoot around corners with it 🤣

Howa 1500 308 I got years ago. Sent it back 3x to howa cause it would not pattern any ammo. They kept sending it back saying they "fixed" it but never could get it to shoot any ammo worth a darn.

No hate on howa in general, know plenty of people that have great results from it but man mine was a POS. Was so bad it still tainted me on ever owning another 308 again lol
I had the same gun with the same problem. They would be all over the place.

Henry H010 45-70 lever action. Wouldn't cycle without jamming. Henry replaced the barrel with one that had junky Marlin type sights instead of the ghost rings I bought the rifle for in the first place. I sold that piece if shiot and never looked back.

Ruger 77 lightweight in .270. Couldn't get it to group worth a crap. Tried every bullet, powder combo, tried factory ammo, bedded barrel and action. Nothing helped. Barrel, chamber, and muzzle all looked good, never could figure it out and finally got rid of it.
Traded a good Rem Mdl 7 in .243 for it. Worse rifle trade I ever made and always regretted it.

When a firearm jams or has some other types of mechanical problems I'd relate that to production quality.
When you tell me that a 6.5 creedmore can't kill a deer, I'd relate that to operator error in most cases. Poor shot placement, poor distance judgement, etc. This story actually validates my positive attitude about a firearm and projectile. And there are thousand of posotive kills if not more since that firearm came out in 2007. It's the old story, practice, practice, practice. And if scope is involved, there are many aspects there: over torqued tube, scope tilted, loose even if you think it's tight, cross hairs a problem, lense problems, but it mostly comes back to operator(POOR SHOT).
This is just one positive story, there are more than you have time to read. So here is the facts: It will kill a deer, elk, bear, bore, antelope, and more.
PROOF: 6.5 Creedmoor Proven: How Does It Actually Perform on Big Game?

Latest posts

Back