• Help Support TNDeer:

What would you take?

Spurhunter

I'm headed to Missouri Thursday for 6 days of turkey hunting. In MO you have to quit hunting at 1:00 so we will do a lot of farm pond bass fishing. If you were going and wanted to travel light what would you take? Must haves? I am for sure taking Flukes, red shad Culprits, and a couple buzzbaits and spinnerbaits.

LURES -- Top middle and bottom, I would stick with plastic worms lizards and craws. TOP water plugs and some mid depth running plugs.
RODS N REELS -- Maybe one bait caster and a spinning rig. 10-12lb line..
3 boxes on the lures separated to top middle and bottom. Along with some hooks and sinkers for catfishing. Gotta be some good cats there too.

All of it in a soft box with a shoulder strap ( don't know if you are walking a pond band or in a boat)

Flukes like you said, fat Albert grubs are great for pond bass, Texas rigged green pumpkin baby brush hogs or 4" watermelon seed or green pumpkin lizards, strike king pond magic spinnerbait, these are my go to baits when fishing ponds, good luck, on the fish and the turkey.

ZachMarkus":3aa9a5bv said:
Flukes like you said, fat Albert grubs are great for pond bass, Texas rigged green pumpkin baby brush hogs or 4" watermelon seed or green pumpkin lizards, strike king pond magic spinnerbait, these are my go to baits when fishing ponds, good luck, on the fish and the turkey.
Green pumpkin baby brush hawgs are unbeatable anywhere!

Back