• Help Support TNDeer:

Where are the bass now?

TNReb

I've never been a lake fisherman, and I struggle to catch anything other than just a couple of random fish every time out. The only time I have any luck is in the spring when I can catch them in the shallower water.

What sort of depths/features should I be looking at this time of year? :?:

It all depends on the water temperature. The fish are wanting to come up to spawn. Lake Guntersville (south east of here) ranges from 52-57 right now so those fish are already pretty shallow. In Mid TN I would be fishing the first drop offs and slowly move shallower. My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water temp is 53-57 on center hill right now. Have caught them from 0' to 15' deep over the past few days, with most being 4-8 foot deep. Been catching them on every kind of bank imaginable. All main lake stuff.

Where are you fishing? What is the water temp? I fished Wilson lake this past Friday and Sunday. Most of the fish were still kind of deep but another week of this warm weather and the first wave of big females should be moving up shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the replies. I just fish little areas on Old Hicky and Priest. I've just got a small boat with a trolling motor, so I don't cover tons of ground.

Latest posts

Back