• Help Support TNDeer:

Where would you go?

TNReb

I have a free weekend coming up and I'm trying to decide where to go. I plan to leave Friday and fish Friday evening, all day Saturday, and maybe Sunday morning also.

I was going to go to Guntersville, but it's the weekend the Elite series will be there. I don't want to fight that crowd.

My second option is going to Chickamauga. Hard to go wrong with that I suppose.

Any other suggestions?

I live within 30 mins of the Chick. Fish it rarely. It is crowded no matter the day of the week. Tons of fishing pressure. About every boat ramp on it will have a tournament during the weekend, and several through the week. On other lakes, it is the cabin cruisers, wake boats, etc that are rude and a pain. On the Chick...it is the fisherman that I've had the biggest run ins with. I'd rather fish Watts Bar...not as much grass but not as much publicity and fishing pressure either. When the Major League Fishing came to the Chick, Kevin Van Dam went to Watts Bar to do some promo stuff on his off day. He said in his opinion, he could have won had the tournament had they been able to lock thru the dam and fish Watts Bar.

chunkandwind":3he3lhk4 said:
Pickwick is on fire.

yeah, i may have to fish down there before long. its been a while and numero uno has been getting my interest back into bass fishing.

doesnt really matter where on which lake you go nowadays. either the economy is that good or someone is giving away free boats, because it seems everybody has one.

I fish Chick probably four to five times a week with a 50/50 spilt with day time fishing and night time fishing. Don't get me wrong the Chick can get "crowded" but honestly I've had maybe two occasions when some jackwagon frustrated me. There's definitely areas that get the pressure and it's easy to see those areas cause of all the boats sitting on top of them but there's plenty of water to run and creeks to explore and my best advice would be to STAY AWAY from Chester Frost also known as Dallas Bay on a sunny weekend, but go out and fish during the day and mark some spots and go back at it after the sun goes down and you'll have the lake pretty much to yourself

Hduke86":2gh7bzpu said:
I fish Chick probably four to five times a week with a 50/50 spilt with day time fishing and night time fishing. Don't get me wrong the Chick can get "crowded" but honestly I've had maybe two occasions when some jackwagon frustrated me. There's definitely areas that get the pressure and it's easy to see those areas cause of all the boats sitting on top of them but there's plenty of water to run and creeks to explore and my best advice would be to STAY AWAY from Chester Frost also known as Dallas Bay on a sunny weekend, but go out and fish during the day and mark some spots and go back at it after the sun goes down and you'll have the lake pretty much to yourself

Great info, do you know approximate distance by water from Bluewater to Harrison Bay? thanks

dr":vf7ap2cr said:
Hduke86":vf7ap2cr said:

Great info, do you know approximate distance by water from Bluewater to Harrison Bay? thanks

If you're talking about Bluewater coming out of Richland creek in Dayton it's a good ways from Bluewater to Harrison Bay

Harrison bay is about 27 miles ( by water) from Richland Creek (Blue Water Marina)

I fished Harrison Bay and back toward the Chick dam a few weeks ago it was a madhouse. I live on the upper end of Chickamauga so I fish up this end most of the time.

I wound up booking at Blue Water again. I just really like staying there. I'm going on Thursday and coming back Saturday. I'll be by myself. Looking forward to trying to figure the lake out a little better.

When we went earlier in the spring, we trailered the boat from Blue Water to Possum Creek. We put in there and wound up going to Harrison Bay. That ride wasn't bad. I wouldn't want to make the boat ride from Blue Water to Harrison Bay if I didn't have to.

Latest posts

Back