• Help Support TNDeer:

Which do you prefer

I've got Scentlok and Scent Blocker brands they are Mossy Oak which I always liked . Most of my stuff is Mossy Oak or some type of Realtree . Can't afford the stuff you guys are talking about . My mom used make my outfits . I'd have the newest brand before it hit the market . She worked at a place that made camo for different businesses. Still have some of the older clothes.

Last edited:
Kuiu down is some of the best i have found. Outside of their down, my personal preference is a different brand.
First Lite base layers are good- their mid and outer stuff is not my favorite.
Trying ASIO this year for the first time, I love the pattern and clothing so far.

I wear Sitka, I started wearing it for waterfowl and it's snowballed into deer and turkey, but I honestly think it's a damn gimmick. I wore drake before Sitka and was perfectly fine.

Early bow season I use Mossy Oak Tibee, stuff is super thin and wicks well. Mid I go redhead and cabelas. In the cold, I use under armour and redhead silent stalker elite insulated bibs and cabelas whitetail M050 jacket. Never used anything first lite but I do have a KUIU 2500 back pack and I love it for stalking, treestand hunting, or saddle hunting. It holds alot, heavy duty ripstop material, has a custom fit, and holds climbing sticks, camera, platform, quiver, etc.

I've tried most everything for cold weather and settled on first lite merino wool base layers and outerwear is Sitka. Have middle layers from Sitka, Kuiu, and others. The key to buying them is wait for the sales. Lightweight stuff is whatever I can find the best deals on. Have a few pants and shirts from mossy oak's online store.
I love the Mossy Oak Cotton Mill Flex Pants for early season.

I love the Mossy Oak Cotton Mill Flex Pants for early season.
I've got the mossy oak tibbee flex pants. They're loose fitting and basically dry fit making them perfect for turkey season.
IMG_7659.webp

Kryptek is much bigger in Western hunting; but makes quality gear at much lower prices than first lite, sitka or Kuiu. I'm very happy with the gear I have from them. They've been coming out with new camo patterns that are better for early-mid season in the south. If you watch for sales on their website or on camofire; you can get what you want at 40%-50% off.

Latest posts

Back