• Help Support TNDeer:

White Bass on Norris

larry ipock

Anybody out there that fishes Norris, when was the last time you caught one? Personally, I've not seen or caught one in over 15 years. Used to catch them regularly on the springtime runs on Big Creek, but they seem to have completely disappeared.

I heard of some being caught a couple weeks ago . I don't think there in there like old times. I remember catching bunches back in the 70's. Where does time go.

Catch quite a few around Earls Hollow on the Powell side and Indian Creek on the Clinch. Not a ton but can usually manage a limit of 15"+ when they are running.

Glad to hear that they are not all gone. I guess that they will never be as plentiful as they once were. Sad really, they were not bad eating, and always willing to hit.

When I was a teenager, up until my mid 20's, we would wear out the white bass, or stripes as we called them, on Powell River in the Spring. Primarily from Earls Holler to Gap Creek in Claiborne Co. Catching 2 at a time on an AC Shiner, or tying 2 flies 10-12 inches apart was a fun experience. Sadly the numbers from what I hear aren't there any more.

I'm sorry. This post makes me laugh.... " we caught them by the bucket full ,'hundreds at a time....and now they are all gone". Really? How dare them wildlife boys try to tell us how many and what size we can keep!

Latest posts

Back