• Help Support TNDeer:

For Sale Who uses guntab to pay for firearms?

I always put right in the item description on GB "Only form of payment I accept is postal money orders, no exceptions". A postal money order is just like cash and I have found it's the safest method of payment for both the buyer and seller.
One thing about Postal money orders, or any money order for that fact, and cashiers checks, a lot of fake ones showing up these days.
Was selling a car on Craigslist some years ago. Got an email that just wasn't quite kosher. Went along with it. Got a cashiers check delivered from FEDEX. Their cost to send me that check was a tad over $50. Check looked really official and had a water mark. The one thing that tipped me off was that along the edge where you normally see the perforations, there were none. So I called Chase And asked them if I gave then a cashiers check number could they verify it as real or fraud. The person took the number, came back on line and said that is a fake cashiers check, and she connected me with the fraud department. the took all the information, I emailed them an image of the the check, front and back, and an image of the Fedex mailer. The person thanked me and said they would turn it over to the proper federal authorities.
Since this type of thing is still going on, it appears FEDS don't give a damned. BTW: Actually the 1st tip off was it came from the Country of Uganda 🤣 .
Told the person that emailed me they were frauds. They even threatened to get attorney and sue me. At the time some friends of mine were deputies at the sheriffs department, so I asked them if they would like to talk to the sheriff. They were really pissed because of what it cost them to send that check FEDEX🤣

Back