• Help Support TNDeer:

For Sale Who uses guntab to pay for firearms?

DaveTN

I'm going to put this here because it applies to this forum more than any other. Mods can move it if they don't like it here.

I'm thinking about selling some guns and other stuff online out of state. PayPal doesn't allow the purchase of guns and neither does Venmo. Guntab advertises themselves as "The PayPal for guns". I did a search here on the forum on "Guntab" and didn't get any results.

Anyone using it or have any comments about it?

I have sold many on here and bought many using PayPal. As someone said if it doesn't feel right pass.
I have done the same thing on many occasions but PayPal won't cover it if it's for a gun, postal money order is about the safest way I have found and I have probably sold a couple hundred on Gunbroker, never a hitch.

Sounds like nobody here uses it. I never have. Maybe you can contact someone with good feedback on the site you're looking to sell on and ask them about their experience with it?

I been selling on Gunbroker for 20 years with 354 feedback but sold over 500 some people won't leave feedback, I have accepted many personal checks but it is clear in my ad Postal Money Order or Personal Check but it will take 5 business for your Personal check to clear my bank before I ship. Never had a problem.

Never heard of it.
When I have sold a firearm, it was check or money order.
And nothing gets shipped until either clears.

Last edited:
How does PayPal know it is for a gun?
They don't, if you send it F&F or as "Gift" there is no way you will ever get your money back, if you send is as "Goods and services" and you get shafted PayPal will want to know what it was for and when you tell them it was for a gun you are SOL. I don't mind using PP if it's to someone I know or someone I have a really good feeling that they are trustworthy.

I been selling on Gunbroker for 20 years with 354 feedback but sold over 500 some people won't leave feedback, I have accepted many personal checks but it is clear in my ad Postal Money Order or Personal Check but it will take 5 business for your Personal check to clear my bank before I ship. Never had a problem.
I always put right in the item description on GB "Only form of payment I accept is postal money orders, no exceptions". A postal money order is just like cash and I have found it's the safest method of payment for both the buyer and seller.

Latest posts

Back