• Help Support TNDeer:

Wife's GIANT Smallmouth

redheadshooter

Fished Pickwick Saturday morning with the wife. Sounds corny, but literally on the last cast she caught this BRUISER smallmouth! Way bigger than any smallmouth I've caught. 7.5 lbs., 23" long. I knew she had a decent fish on, but nothing like this. The first jump, I thought 4 lb bass. The second jump, I got really excited when I thought it was a 5 lb smallie. I didn't realize how special this fish was until I got it in the net! She was fired up, but not as much as me! We got some pictures, all of the dimensions we needed for a replica and put her back in the water!

Between her first deer with her bow in September, her first turkeys this season, and now this.... To say the least, I am one proud husband!

7ef7bbd312fad3e627a4210c6b439b41.jpg
5fdfc9ea10a3277fc3026c1cae2d11f8.jpg
ca6b7a7de69c0b085b2a5ae360dca785.jpg
that's a yeti 35 and she's hanging off of both ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZachMarkus":27v4fm5i said:
Wow! Great fish! I've caught some big smallies but none like that one. What did she catch it on?

Yea my biggest is about 4 lbs. Doesn't even compare..

Texas Rigged Trick Worm. That's all she fishes with. haha

redheadshooter":26xuz7jw said:
ZachMarkus":26xuz7jw said:
Wow! Great fish! I've caught some big smallies but none like that one. What did she catch it on?

Yea my biggest is about 4 lbs. Doesn't even compare..

Texas Rigged Trick Worm. That's all she fishes with. haha

That's one of my favorite baits just to catch fish with, I don't catch many smallmouth on it though for some reason.

Congrats to her on a great fish. I'm curious on how much a replica mount cost vs a skin mounted fish. I was told by a taxidermist that a skin mount is better and cheaper.

Wow, I've only seen one bigger, buddy of mine's dad caught an 8.1 at pickwick, heck my biggest is 4.6, that's literally a once in a lifetime catch.

That is a very good smallmouth! I've fished for smallmouth for years, and my best is only 5.5. Good deal on the C&R. Bet it would have been pushing 8lb. a month ago.

Back