• Help Support TNDeer:

Wife's GIANT Smallmouth

larry ipock":18nwlmhx said:
That is a very good smallmouth! I've fished for smallmouth for years, and my best is only 5.5. Good deal on the C&R. Bet it would have been pushing 8lb. a month ago.

Yep. You could tell it was spawned out. It was weak too. It took us a solid 10 mins of holding it in the water before it finally swam off. But once it did it was good to go!

Congrats on the catch.

If you are serious about a mount, Lake Fork taxidermy did one for me on a brown trout a couple years ago and did a fantastic job. You send them pics, and measurements and they take it from there. It shows up exceptionally well packed and mounted on a nice piece of driftwood. I want to say mine was $12 to $15 per inch.

I grew up fishing pickwick when smallmouth was king. It was awesome. I got 2 on back to back casts one time 4'5 and 5'4. Never caught another one on that spot. I loved catching them on deep humps on them big lipped crank baits. Beautiful fish by ur wife. Congrats

Thanks again everybody. She has been rubbing it in my face all week that she caught a 7 lb and my biggest is 4![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddyboots":242z0i5l said:
I grew up fishing pickwick when smallmouth was king. It was awesome. I got 2 on back to back casts one time 4'5 and 5'4. Never caught another one on that spot. I loved catching them on deep humps on them big lipped crank baits. Beautiful fish by ur wife. Congrats

They're making a strong comeback. I know it's steadily gotten better over the past couple years, according to the people that I know that fish it regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back