• Help Support TNDeer:

Wish me luck! (Pics Added)

redheadshooter

Leaving first thing tomorrow for a week in Ft. Lauderdale. Fishing a kayak fishing tournament on Saturday. Should be interesting because I have never fished out of a kayak before, but I figured why not give it a shot!!!! I'll post pictures of my 1st Place trophy on Sunday! :lol:

Re: Wish me luck!

Well obviously no trophy, but had a great time! Caught a 7.5' shark (which was wild in a kayak!) and a short amberjack! I'll try to get some pics added soon. No pics of the shark though, he was too much to handle with 1 hand!

Re: Wish me luck!

24.5" Amberjack (to small to take home)
7ea18a5d3a6546794cc54f98b894e118.jpg
Right before tournament blast off!
92ee9ac9eb6c2a4c1f0c974d37f9ef80.jpg
Needlefish I caught in a cast net.
7fbfbc056f5a87b924636359bce7cbb6.jpg
View from my brothers apartment!
16309b3ba7b143fa062738900b542e19.jpg
Some intercostal snook fishing.
958e0cf9d1018a1f5323a20d4f52f0f3.jpg
All the rest are fish my wife caught. A big snakehead (she wouldn't touch that one! haha) a couple snappers and a barracuda.
f3dec5fa15a947aea9d578a62d106d5a.jpg
7025bf5b184a628b20ecaa4ab96a46d0.jpg
bffffc8f41770bd31a7fe68cc0d3fc6b.jpg
6db9b95ed8f6b51821de88fa352f1294.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! It was a blast. Wish I could've gotten some pictures of the shark, but he was too much to handle in a kayak. Fishing out of a kayak wasn't that bad. Dragging it 50 yards through sand after a long hot day of fishing = death!

What is the orange and black looking thing you are holding by the truck door?

Nevermind I see it now. Pretty cool.

Kewl needlefish too.

Awesome Redheadshooter

We were down in Ft. Lauderdale for 10 days earlier this spring fishing for Peacocks, Cichlids, Largemouth and Snakeheads. We didn't catch any Snakeheads, but I saw 3, and man they were freaky looking.

Did you fish with Joe that hosts the Extreme Kayak Fishing Tournaments? He has one in the Bahamas every year, and I'd like to do that one. Take a cruise ship with your kayak and gear to the Bahamas and fish for 2 days and I think you're over there for 3 or 4 days total.

We usually go to Panama City Beach every year for a week for Kings, Spanish, Spade Fish, and Dorado, but this fall we are going to Grand Isle for a week for Bull Reds. My wife has never been, and wants to go.

MidTNKayakAngler":3qlntfrb said:
Awesome Redheadshooter

We were down in Ft. Lauderdale for 10 days earlier this spring fishing for Peacocks, Cichlids, Largemouth and Snakeheads. We didn't catch any Snakeheads, but I saw 3, and man they were freaky looking.

Did you fish with Joe that hosts the Extreme Kayak Fishing Tournaments? He has one in the Bahamas every year, and I'd like to do that one. Take a cruise ship with your kayak and gear to the Bahamas and fish for 2 days and I think you're over there for 3 or 4 days total.

We usually go to Panama City Beach every year for a week for Kings, Spanish, Spade Fish, and Dorado, but this fall we are going to Grand Isle for a week for Bull Reds. My wife has never been, and wants to go.

Yea we stayed offshore most of the week. Me and the wife wanted to try a little bass fishing before a storm rolled in, so we went to a little canal in Pompano Beach. Carrie's first cast she caught that big snakehead! ha. Yes we fished Summer Slam Part 1. It was a neat tournament! I can only imagine how awesome the Bahamma series is. They normally get some pretty big weights in the Bahama tourney too!

They sure do.

I'm so jealous about the Snakehead, that's one species I really wanted, but didn't get. We saw them in the lake at the Butterfly Park, but couldn't get them to eat anything. They were hanging on the outside of the grass and then when they would see you they would slide right into the grass.

I've been running tournaments here in Middle Tennessee Nashville area for 3 years, you the both of you are more than welcome to fish them. My wife fish's every tournament and helps run some of the larger National Tournaments.

Our group is Kayak Bass Fishing TN "KBFTN"

We were supposed to have a tournament this evening out of Cedar Creek on Cedar Creek on Old Hickory, but had to reschedule for next Tuesday due to the potentially hazardous weather. We donate money out of the entries to Heroes on the Water, and a Tennessee State Championship that we help host, then the rest is paid out in cash, and we have some sponsors who donate also.

Jeremy

Jeremy, I am going to have to join you one day! Being from as far West Tennessee as you can go, I am going to have to wait for a weekend tourney! Do yall have a Facebook page?

Woodchuck, I already know dude! We started dating at 16, married at 20. Been married for 4 years and going strong! I knew I had to lock that one down early!

redheadshooter":2fvmj0ft said:
Jeremy, I am going to have to join you one day! Being from as far West Tennessee as you can go, I am going to have to wait for a weekend tourney! Do yall have a Facebook page?

Woodchuck, I already know dude! We started dating at 16, married at 20. Been married for 4 years and going strong! I knew I had to lock that one down early!

Your momma didn't raise stupid children. ;) :D

Love the needlefish! I have only ever caught one and was amazed by all the teeth. I was researching them one day and low and behold they are in TN as well.

Latest posts

Back