Re: 20

catman529":arlyl8bs said:
MidTennFisher":arlyl8bs said:
catman529":arlyl8bs said:
I now have a rogue, shadow rap and TM crank

Going later this afternoon with plan to stay after dark

Sent from the talk of tap

Good luck man, post a report!
caught a few, stopped at happy hollow first and paddled around a bit and caught 1 rainbow. Went to dam for generation turning off at 7. Stayed till 10.

Total for evening was 6 rainbows, 2 bluegills, 1 black crappie, 1 white bass and 1 walleye. Eye is around 17" and I'm about to pull it off the ice and fillet...

d0a9b22ea2facb82eb813351937edcb7.jpg

9c7cc7518e1f3359e239fb0e3b0b3978.jpg

9a8cae0d8703440730f6c55fd8e00844.jpg

Everything was on a pink TM except the walleye and one trout, which were caught on a TM jerkbait after dark. The eye was on the 2nd or 3rd cast with the jerkbait. Lots of mossy weeds though was a pain with the jerkbait.

Nicely done man, glad you got a keeper Walleye. Google "Honey pan fried walleye", that is an incredible recipe and very simple to make. My wife and I love it. As for the weeds, it is annoying and you'll have your jerkbaits come back full of slime from the rocks. I try to avoid the super shallow spots because of that. That's why I like suspending jerkbaits for the deeper holes and floating for the shallower spots to try and avoid grabbing a pound of green slime.

Re: 20" club for me too!!

MidTennFisher":8fpjtjdv said:
catman529":8fpjtjdv said:
MidTennFisher":8fpjtjdv said:
catman529 said:
I now have a rogue, shadow rap and TM crank

Going later this afternoon with plan to stay after dark

Good luck man, post a report!
caught a few, stopped at happy hollow first and paddled around a bit and caught 1 rainbow. Went to dam for generation turning off at 7. Stayed till 10.

Total for evening was 6 rainbows, 2 bluegills, 1 black crappie, 1 white bass and 1 walleye. Eye is around 17" and I'm about to pull it off the ice and fillet...

d0a9b22ea2facb82eb813351937edcb7.jpg

9c7cc7518e1f3359e239fb0e3b0b3978.jpg

9a8cae0d8703440730f6c55fd8e00844.jpg

Everything was on a pink TM except the walleye and one trout, which were caught on a TM jerkbait after dark. The eye was on the 2nd or 3rd cast with the jerkbait. Lots of mossy weeds though was a pain with the jerkbait.

Nicely done man, glad you got a keeper Walleye. Google "Honey pan fried walleye", that is an incredible recipe and very simple to make. My wife and I love it. As for the weeds, it is annoying and you'll have your jerkbaits come back full of slime from the rocks. I try to avoid the super shallow spots because of that. That's why I like suspending jerkbaits for the deeper holes and floating for the shallower spots to try and avoid grabbing a pound of green slime.
do you catch many in the deeper pockets at night?

I have to scout out the water downstream from the dam during the daylight hours so I can see where all the shallow and deep water is. I had to shine a flashlight to find out I was in a foot of water with green slime rocks.

Definitely invest in a good headlamp for the night outings, that's what I use. Soon you'll know exactly where you are after enough time spent out there shining the light from time to time to check depth

Re: 20" club for me too!!

MidTennFisher":rdpe0z32 said:
Definitely invest in a good headlamp for the night outings, that's what I use. Soon you'll know exactly where you are after enough time spent out there shining the light from time to time to check depth
I left my headlamp at home and my 220 lumen flashlight started to go a little dim on me. Time for a fresh set of 123 wallet burning batteries

MidTennFisher":cluz4w21 said:
RUGER":cluz4w21 said:
Awesome man, congrats !!

The Caney ate my cell phone on my first trip there. :D

Man there's no telling how many cellphones that river has claimed

Add mine to the list. Swamped my Iphone last year. Now I carry it in a Lifeproof case.

Latest posts

Back