• Help Support TNDeer:

Baiting Bill HB1618/SB1942

Should baiting be allowed on private land?

• Yes

Votes: 181 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 204 44.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 74 16.1%

• Total voters
I hope it doesn't pass...I'd never take part in such chicanery. I know...big word for a hillbilly.

Attachments

• 20191129_154420.webp
    20191129_154420.webp
    319.6 KB · Views: 2
Hopefully the new generation of hunters aren't learning from TV hunting shows. Ambushing deer from blinds and stands in food plots is not the way to learn. Wearing out a pair of boots is the way you learn.
Not much different than cameras, many just put out cameras and observe what they see. I agree wearing out a pair of boots or 2 or 3 or more pairs of boots is how to learn. Spending time in the woods, not just watching cameras, is how you learn about deer.

Most would probably quit hunting. In 2017 I moved to east TN. I grew up hunting in coffee and Franklin counties. Unit L. What a shocker that was. I went from seeing deer everytime I went hunting to hopefully seeing 2 or 3 deer a season. Luckily I've been able to scratch out a decent buck here and there on South Cherokee. I've also had to pass a shooter buck or two because I didn't want or have the time to pack the meat out. There's been times I've found the perfect ambush site. Funnels with rubs scrapes so fresh you can still smell the buck. But then turn around and look towards the truck and say there's no possible way to get a buck out of here without taking a couple days to pack him out.
I figure when I come out there from AZ, that I'll have to spend lots of boot leather to fill a tag. I am going to hunt it like I would AZ, but I'll still have it easier than the guys driving to CO and ID packing out elk for miles. If you want to share some of those deep hard to hunt honey holes, I'll trade you some honey holes to hunt in AZ, hahaha.

It is amazing to see the different types of hunts that people are used to doing. I have friends in AZ that won't get too far off their side by side to hunt.

I think all hunting is cool, just different kinds. The idea of growing a food plot is an adventure and challenge in itself. So much of the work is what happens before getting in the stand.

It's ridiculous if they actually ban food plots.

Hopefully the new generation of hunters aren't learning from TV hunting shows. Ambushing deer from blinds and stands in food plots is not the way to learn. Wearing out a pair of boots is the way you learn.
There are a lot of new hunters learning to hunt out here in the west, where food plots are a foreign concept. I hear about the low deer density in the mountains of East TN, and it sounds kinda like a western hunt to me.

This thread was about baiting and not about banning food plot, poured out on the ground, the lazy folks want to be able to open a bag and hunt over it, food plots wont ever be banned.

Latest posts

Back