• Help Support TNDeer:

Barkley Lake ?

Smo

Why doesn't anyone mention Barkley Lake fishing much?

How is the boat traffic on week days?

Are the carp taking over there too? Any bait fish?

Looks like a good place to Catfish...

Crappie fishing has been good on barkley
Smo":1jqhnyqi said:

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":e7xzjoyh said:
Crappie fishing has been good on barkley
Smo":e7xzjoyh said:

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
I much prefer fishing Barkley over Kentucky. And yes it's a great place for catfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barkley is a younger than kentucky lake and still has a lot of natural cover. muddier too so there are a lot more white crappie than blacks as compared to kentucky lake. its been eons since ive been that far north.

It's about a 30 minute ride to the lake for me , but I thought I would do a little exploring in the next few weeks.

It's gotta' be less windy? LOL

Thanks for the info..... again. :pop:

To answer your question about the carp yes there bad. I see them more on Barkley as far as jumping goes. Not sure if it's because the areas I fish are shallower or what but I have had by far more in the boat with me on Barkley.

Thanks, I'm probaly going to fish around the power plant area.

More like river fishing than lake I would think.

I bet the current can move fast along through that area.

Are the carp more towards the dam?

I fished for catfish with a friend of mine a couple years ago just south of Linton on the main river channel. We were just north of the TN state line, just south of the bluff. We were anchored on his pontoon boat. We fished with fresh shad that we caught in a cast net that morning. Caught 38. Most were blues. Biggest was about 8 pounds. Never caught a blue before that day. All I can say is, they sure taste better than a channel or mud cat. And yes, there are Asian carp there too. A barge came through and they were a few jumping high out of water.

double browtine":2lfbd776 said:
I fished for catfish with a friend of mine a couple years ago just south of Linton on the main river channel. We were just north of the TN state line, just south of the bluff. We were anchored on his pontoon boat. We fished with fresh shad that we caught in a cast net that morning. Caught 38. Most were blues. Biggest was about 8 pounds. Never caught a blue before that day. All I can say is, they sure taste better than a channel or mud cat. And yes, there are Asian carp there too. A barge came through and they were a few jumping high out of water.

My brother lives in Linton and loves to catfish. His favorite spot is where your talking about.

Thanks for the info Guys, I grew up catching Blue catfish fishing below Wilson Dam.

They are a better eating than the channel for sure, But even the channel cats aren't bad out of cold water,

Any good camp grounds along the State Line section of the river?
Somewhere you could pull a 5th wheel trailer to for a few days of R&R. :super:

Latest posts

Back