• Help Support TNDeer:

Bass tournament format

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Been watching the Major League Fishing alot lately.
I really really like that format.
Exciting and can change with literally every cast.

I know it would probably be impossible but I wonder if there is some way they could go to this type of score keeping in regular bass tournaments?

Guess too few bass die after the weigh in to matter but to me this would be a good way to do it, keep track of every fish and delete the small entries as you "cull" fish?

Dunno, just thinking outloud.

I'm not sure what you talking about as I've never watched that. With today's technology it seems anything like that would be possible. Wouldn't it have to be on the honor system?

That is one of the "problems" I see with it being done in big tournaments.
In the deal they got, there is a ref in every boat that does all the weighing and entering of the weights into an ipad that is linked with everyone else there.

they offer their scoring system for anybody to use. http://scoretrackerlive.com/

it would be very easy in a bass club that uses a draw format with individual weights instead of boat weight to use it. just designate an official to mediate all disputes. when one angler catches, the other angler weighs it, the one who caught it either agrees or disagrees. if he agrees, put it in the app (maybe document it on paper as a backup). if there is disagreement put it in the livewell until it can be mediated. you don't have to have the penalties for fish care, etc if you didn't want to.

bottom line, if your club wanted to get rid of traditional weigh-ins, you could make it work. conversely, if somebody wants to nitpick it and find reasons why it wouldn't work, they could do that too.

I would love to do a tournament like that but there is no way you could do it on a large scale, having folks with tablets riding with each fisherman would just cost too much.

smalljawbasser":sp2pts53 said:
they offer their scoring system for anybody to use. http://scoretrackerlive.com/

it would be very easy in a bass club that uses a draw format with individual weights instead of boat weight to use it. just designate an official to mediate all disputes. when one angler catches, the other angler weighs it, the one who caught it either agrees or disagrees. if he agrees, put it in the app (maybe document it on paper as a backup). if there is disagreement put it in the livewell until it can be mediated. you don't have to have the penalties for fish care, etc if you didn't want to.

bottom line, if your club wanted to get rid of traditional weigh-ins, you could make it work. conversely, if somebody wants to nitpick it and find reasons why it wouldn't work, they could do that too.

I should have read this before posting, you had some great ideas, a team tournament where they are split off or just having people ride with each other and weigh each others fish is a great idea and I didn't realize you could get it in an app, heck we should have a Tndeer tourney and try that out.

RUGER":b7t1agaa said:
Guess too few bass die after the weigh in to matter but to me this would be a good way to do it, keep track of every fish and delete the small entries as you "cull" fish?

I have been to Paris Landing after a tournament and there were nice sized bass dead all over the shore line. I think the 95% survival rate that they like to quote is BS. I think if they can't adopt the major league fishing format, they shouldn't be aloud to have a tournament. Just my opinion.

JimFromTN":q9bzeft3 said:
RUGER":q9bzeft3 said:

I have been to Paris Landing after a tournament and there were nice sized bass dead all over the shore line. I think the 95% survival rate that they like to quote is BS. I think if they can't adopt the major league fishing format, they shouldn't be aloud to have a tournament. Just my opinion.

That's kinda like saying if you shoot a deer and don't recover it then you lose your license for life.

I spent about 30 minutes on their website just looking to see if it was a format I could use on the tournaments I run. I like the Live Score APP it looks interesting. I like the concept.

The only issue I have with it is the "perception" that weights could be easily manipulated. The boat partners would have to be competing against each other for it to be fair. The problem with this is the back seater is at a distinct disadvantage. That is why most co-anglers compete against co-anglers in the major tournaments.

I think this format could work in a small tournament format. I might even check into it and hold one on Chickamauga to try it out.

On a side note, the Major League tournament to air next has been filmed on Dale Hollow the past four days. Rumor has it that they will be switching to Center Hill for the championship round but who knows. That's pretty cool to be in my backyard and wished I had the time to go watch them.

TN Larry":39p29pe6 said:
On a side note, the Major League tournament to air next has been filmed on Dale Hollow the past four days. Rumor has it that they will be switching to Center Hill for the championship round but who knows. That's pretty cool to be in my backyard and wished I had the time to go watch them.

It looks like the classic is going on around here!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Tennessee Lead":3rftoo7v said:
TN Larry":3rftoo7v said:

I haven't saw them yet but know several that have.

TN Larry":k1jex3nn said:
Tennessee Lead":k1jex3nn said:
TN Larry":k1jex3nn said:

I haven't saw them yet but know several that have.

Parking lot is full of wrapped boats and Tundras. They can't talk about anything. They will just kinda smile and nod lol.

Kirk":2z5369vv said:
I spent about 30 minutes on their website just looking to see if it was a format I could use on the tournaments I run. I like the Live Score APP it looks interesting. I like the concept.

The only issue I have with it is the "perception" that weights could be easily manipulated. The boat partners would have to be competing against each other for it to be fair. The problem with this is the back seater is at a distinct disadvantage. That is why most co-anglers compete against co-anglers in the major tournaments.

I think this format could work in a small tournament format. I might even check into it and hold one on Chickamauga to try it out.

Back in the good old days, lots of tournaments were straight draws. Red mans I recall specifically. You drew your partner, flipped a coin to see whose boat you would use, then flipped again if you couldn't agree on who controlled the first four hours and who got control the second four.

Nobody liked that, especially the boat sponsors. Can you imagine vandam and Reese flipping to see whose boat they were gonna use? Lol

Tennessee Lead":3huctq4n said:
Parking lot is full of wrapped boats and Tundras. They can't talk about anything. They will just kinda smile and nod lol.

Where did you see them at? Wonder exactly where they're staying? They can't talk because the MLF doesn't reveal the results until it's aired on TV.

SilverFox":3enw41o2 said:
JimFromTN":3enw41o2 said:
RUGER":3enw41o2 said:

That's kinda like saying if you shoot a deer and don't recover it then you lose your license for life.

Actually, its I more like if you lose allot of deer bow hunting then you lose your archery license.

Latest posts

Back