• Help Support TNDeer:

Bass tournament format

I've been running tournaments for about 6 years now, and some with 150 - 175 boaters. We use what is called catch photo and release. We have approved measuring devices and rules about how the photos are to be taken, as we go by length and not weight. A unique identifier is given to each angler just before the start of the tournament, and that identifier has to be in the photo. There are also websites like (TourneyX) where anglers can upload their fish online and we have a panel of judges that judge the fish as they come in.

Fish are not kept, they are caught, photographed and released. Some have gotten good enough where the fish is only out of the water for a minute at the most.

Went to the lake early after a bass tournament in Roane co. To do some trolling they were at least 5 good sized bass floating by the bank I see this a lot. waste of a beautiful fish and a nice meal if you ask me.

it's a shame all the fish that are killed and just wasted in A lot these tournaments.

I don't like to keep any fish outta the water any longer then it takes to get the hook out and take a picture if it's a photo worthy fish. Unless I intend to take them home and fix up a meal.

Latest posts

Back