• Help Support TNDeer:

Best bait for trout

dh1984

I know some people are secret to their best bait. I have try from corn to a few others of bait but I can't seem to get them to bite worth a nothing last year .Sao I'm here thinking on might be the best bait but come up with different answers on you tube and fishing sites

Re: Best bait for trout

Those pond fish out there used to hammer power bait. When you cook them put them on a piece of hickory or apple wood close to a fire and let the smoke slow cook it. Occasionally add fresh Lemon juice. Once the flesh gets nice and flakey take it off, throw it away, and eat the board!!! :tu:

try this korn.... :mrgreen:

0206152019_zpsu2ihqd6n.jpg

you ever try adding a marshmellow to your corn, to keep it off the bottom?
try a combo #1 slide a few corn, marshmellow, and a worm on a hook
or try combo#2 slide a corn, and add a corn flavor power bait in shape of a worm
combo #3 all of the above
good luck

Salmon eggs are a good bet also. Used to catch a bunch of fair sized rainbows on the clinch growing up on everything from corn to power bait.

In tailwaters I have the most luck with midges.

In wild streams, I almost always fish with elk hair caddis flies or bead head pheasant tails.

Although, recently I've been catching a bunch of fish on the pink squirrel.

I've been thinking about tying this with cat hair and calling it the pink........ feline.

I pretty much tie all flies in size 16, including the midges.

Power bait, the balls that come in a big long link in the small jars. I think they have it at bass pro but not all stores carry it.

For artificials, trout magnets are awesome.

Sent from the talk of tap

Ok thanks fellows I had some power bait I bought at wal Mart for I think 2.96 or something like that I got the corn gold color but now can't find it lol but I'll pick up some more when I get straightened out money wize thou.

Zebra midge dropped under a yellow stimulator. That combo will hammer tailwater trout. Most fish will hit the midge but you'll catch some on the stimulator too.

Since you're in Maynardville, I guess you'll be fishing the Clinch for trout. If you will be bank fishing, go to the dam. Park in the closest parking spot to the dam itself. Walk straight down to rip rap and find a good steady rock to stand on. Throw a jerk bait, or a Berkley gulp 3" Minnow on a 1/8 oz jig head as far out as you can. Let it drift for a second or two in the current and start working it back in through the slack water. There is a giant eddy down that whole bank.Actually the water moves in the opposite direction of the river current right there. You can also drift a piece of night crawler or corn with a split shot or two down that same stretch of water.

be sure and use lo-vis line and cover the hook completely. those darn things are smart! fished side by side with a buddy and limited before he got a nibble. gave him my rod and he also limited. he was using 8lb blue flouresent line and a #6 baitholder and I was using 4lb lovis green and an egg hook.

Latest posts

Back