• Help Support TNDeer:

Best so far, 3.5

backyardtndeer

Really hoping things pick up here soon. Pretty sure he is a 3.5, good spread. Would be a nice deer for my son.
MFDC9524.webp

wide 8 2024.webp

I'm not getting anything either. It's been dead

Same on my place. I've not even seen the shift yet. As of October 10th bucks were still together and only lightly tickling horns. The earliest I've ever seen a bruiser buck shift in was mid October. It's usually closer to the end of October before I see it. With the severe drought and limited acorns I'm not sure what to expect. Completely new set of conditions for me so if nothing else I'll learn something. But as of now I've not seen a buck I'm interested in hunting.

Same on my place. I've not even seen the shift yet. As of October 10th bucks were still together and only lightly tickling horns. The earliest I've ever seen a bruiser buck shift in was mid October. It's usually closer to the end of October before I see it. With the severe drought and limited acorns I'm not sure what to expect. Completely new set of conditions for me so if nothing else I'll learn something. But as of now I've not seen a buck I'm interested in hunting.
I had a new buck show up last night that I have not had on camera once. Immediate hit list type of buck. Probably jumped to the 2 spot. He's got a busted brow tine, and a gash between his shoulder blades.

My biggest buck showed up on the total opposite side of our farm sunday night. He's never been on that side on camera anyway.

This front definitely seems to have started them feeling frisky.

as of now I've not seen a buck I'm interested in hunting
Same here, aside from getting my son out and busting some coyotes, I haven't seen pics of any deer yet to get me excited. Things should start picking up though.
He's plenty wide! Good luck to your boy!!!
I think he is close to 20 inches inside. Out to get my son his first deer, would be great if this one showed up for him for the juvenile hunt.

Thoughts on age, 3.5 seem like a fair estimate.

Same here, aside from getting my son out and busting some coyotes, I haven't seen pics of any deer yet to get me excited. Things should start picking up though.

I think he is close to 20 inches inside. Out to get my son his first deer, would be great if this one showed up for him for the juvenile hunt.

Thoughts on age, 3.5 seem like a fair estimate.
Agree with 3.5...hope your son connects!
Good luck to you both...I'm in the same boat as others...couple of good bucks on camera but hoping by end of October things pick up. Corn was picked on large farm near us last week and on the farm on the other side of us the beans are starting to yellow. Add in cooler temps, few acorns falling...hoping to see a few new bucks show up soon.

The dates on which the surge of new bucks appearing on cam starts is highly variable on my place. Not exactly sure what drives it, but I suspect it is the dates of crop harvest in the nearby bottomlands. That said, the shift appears to have started on my place. Picked up 5 new bucks in a week's time, including 3 on October 9th alone.

Latest posts

Back