• Help Support TNDeer:

C J Alexander Pleads Guilty

You want to fix this problem? Allow the landowner to sue in civil courtroom and recover damages directly from the poacher based on what the landowner feels value is.

Poacher gets the criminal charges and fines, then he has to go to civil court. 'He killed my 200in buck i have been watching for 3 years, I need $200,000 pain and suffering the loss of bucky'. Get some quarter of a million dollar judgements against poachers, and it will slow down real quick.

You want to fix this problem? Allow the landowner to sue in civil courtroom and recover damages directly from the poacher based on what the landowner feels value is.

Poacher gets the criminal charges and fines, then he has to go to civil court. 'He killed my 200in buck i have been watching for 3 years, I need $200,000 pain and suffering the loss of bucky'. Get some quarter of a million dollar judgements against poachers, and it will slow down real quick.

A little hyperbolic but your point has merit. Furthermore I believe a landowner can sue for damages. It wouldn't be difficult to provide receipts for monies spent on habitat enhancement and a reasonable cost for time/labor. You would need to convince the judge of potential lost trophy same way a business shows potential lost revenue, but it could be argued in court. With a decent lawyer i suspect you'd easily win, especially given that most dirt bag poachers can't afford their own lawyer. And once one case is won the precedent is set for others to follow.

Back