• Help Support TNDeer:

Dang duck hunters

TRIGGER

The other night after leaving a shallow area I tried to take off and knew something was wrong. I heard tick, tick, tick, tick, tick and thought something was bad wrong with my new motor. Nah just trash the duck hunters left behind. Good thing I keep a small pair of bolt cutters in the boat.
A0719EFB-9E81-4B52-968E-1FCB7203F621.webp

Lake lice are kinda trashy too…..

0DA2603E-1F03-4850-80BA-6DC1F221B7D7.webp

Could be a decoy I guess….🤷‍♂️🤣

Millions of beer cans/ bottles litter the bottom of the river..😢

Dang duck hunters…😎

Thanks for the tip on the bolt cutters, that's one that never thought of…👍
Without them you would have been in trouble..

View attachment 237277

Dang duck hunters…😎

no telling how much crap ive picked up out of the water and off the banks.

abandoned noodle lines and jugs suck too.

View attachment 237277

Dang duck hunters…😎

I keep the bolt cutters in case I have to cut a hook for any reason. Have never used them before this but was dang glad I had them.

It is possible that it was not anything done deliberately. Wind will rip the brush and panels off after whatever it is stapled to gets enough age on it. And if it was anywhere close to a WMA blind, duck hunters that built a stick blind instead of using a floater are pretty much required to leave it in place, and after that, anything can and does happen. And when the state burns those out when they need rebuilt, they don't cart any of what was on/in a blind out that I am aware of.

It is possible that it was not anything done deliberately. Wind will rip the brush and panels off after whatever it is stapled to gets enough age on it. And if it was anywhere close to a WMA blind, duck hunters that built a stick blind instead of using a floater are pretty much required to leave it in place, and after that, anything can and does happen. And when the state burns those out when they need rebuilt, they don't cart any of what was on/in a blind out that I am aware of.
I saw several pictures from blinds being sheared off at water's level by ice on Reelfoot. I highly suspect a lot of that sunk. May be even more interesting to motor around down there.

I saw several pictures from blinds being sheared off at water's level by ice on Reelfoot. I highly suspect a lot of that sunk. May be even more interesting to motor around down there.
Hey. I lived that nightmare. Went from this to that on reelfoot. We tried very hard to recover what we could but there will be someone cussing me at some point. Nothing I could do. We lost all kinds of stuff.
IMG_6705.webp

imagejpeg_0.webp

Back