• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Dove Wheat

I may have. I had some ground cleared earlier this summer and threw out buck forage oats mostly for erosion control but nothing ever touched it so I'm not sure how it would do in the fall. I've not tried any cereal rye but the co-op has that in stock. I suppose as long as I have some grain to go along with the crimson clover I'll probably be alright.
Knox seed has wheat now.

I called Maryville coop and they said they have it in stock there. I forgot to get a price but the told me they had crimson clover for around $50/50lb which is about $30 less than the other place I checked.
That's crazy cheap. I'm usually paying $2.50 to $3.00 per pound.

Our local Coop had VNS wheat for $10 and Rye $22 a bag. I hope prices stay low for Spring planting. This past Spring Buckwheat was over $70 per bag.

Our local Coop had VNS wheat for $10 and Rye $22 a bag. I hope prices stay low for Spring planting. This past Spring Buckwheat was over $70 per bag.
Blame the YouTube habitat managers. They had every manager in the North believing every plot should be Buckwheat and only Buckwheat. That drove the prices sky high.

Blame the YouTube habitat managers. They had every manager in the North believing every plot should be Buckwheat and only Buckwheat. That drove the prices sky high.
I've had trouble finding any information of value on YouTube. But it has helped me realize how impressionable folks are.

Latest posts

Back