• Help Support TNDeer:

Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAs

BSK

So far, the best deal I've found was $2.15/battery when purchased in bulk (100 pack). I just bought a 100 pack and a 60 pack at $2.25/battery from Amazon.

My battery budget is a bit painful, but at least I know all my cameras will run all season on video with black flash. Literally tens of thousands of 10-second videos.

IMG_8722.webp

So far, the best deal I've found was $2.15/battery when purchased in bulk (100 pack). I just bought a 100 pack and a 60 pack at $2.25/battery from Amazon.

My battery budget is a bit painful, but at least I know all my cameras will run all season on video with black flash. Literally tens of thousands of 10-second videos.
It costs me dang near 90$ to fill both my cameras up with those things. They last awhile but good grief! I went solar where I could.

I still run alkaline. If I were running only a few cams I'd probably use lithium. But really I don't have any issues with cams going dead. I keep batteries in my pack and replace as needed while swapping cards.
The one big positive with alkalines (other than cost, which is also a big deal) is that alkalines show their true charge in the cameras. They decline in power at a steady rate. Lithiums are just the opposite. They show fully charged, until their dead! Lithiums will show 100-97% charge forever, and then suddenly their dead. Someone on here turned me on to carrying a voltage meter to check lithiums and that was a great hack. When the voltage drops to 1.7, get ready with new batteries. When they hit 1.62 they are about to fall off the cliff.

I couldn't handle the cost this year. I only leave my cams out from July-November. I recycled every lithium I bought new last year. Gamble but am unwilling to pay those prices.

If they die they die. They are more fun for me than anything. Just go hunt.

I still run alkaline. If I were running only a few cams I'd probably use lithium. But really I don't have any issues with cams going dead. I keep batteries in my pack and replace as needed while swapping cards.
Same here. I still run alkaline, rechargeables and lithiums, all depending on time of year (temps), camera type, camera location (which farm, distance from my house) and setup.

Straight alkaline for me. Still running mostly non cell cam Brownings. $35 gets me 150 Amazon brand alkalines. They performed flawlessly last year in the Brownings and a couple Tactacam cell cams. Will do the same this year.

4 packs of Sam's $38 Energizers gets me through 6 mo the of 10sec videos with plenty left over. I reload every camera the 1st week in August with new batteries and never have to swap out batteries till the following year.
$150 a year is a small price for what enjoyment I get.
I'll stay with my bunnies.
Good luck to all this year!

4 packs of Sam's $38 Energizers gets me through 6 mo the of 10sec videos with plenty left over. I reload every camera the 1st week in August with new batteries and never have to swap out batteries till the following year.
Mine will last longer on a set of Ultimate Lithiums - for instance, most of my cams are still reading 100% even with last year's batteries in them - but I've learned the hard way that they won't last two seasons. And they will "run out" at the most inopportune time, like peak rut! So for those cameras still looking good battery-wise, I'll keep running last year's batteries until sometime around Labor Day. But after that, every camera will have "this year's" batteries in them.

Just checked, and last year I kept (because they had deer in them) just a hair shy of 12,000 10-second videos. That doesn't include all the videos I erased because the camera was triggered by the wind or a bird, etc. And also when you consider over half of my videos are at night, requiring the black flash being on for 10 seconds and black flash requires a LOT of juice, that's pretty good longevity out of the lithiums.

Latest posts

Back