• Help Support TNDeer:

FT. CAMPBELL 2014

Same thing happened on the Tennessee National Refuge. Especially on the Duck River Bottoms portion. It seems the point is to reduce the deer population population as a whole. And that's not a wise plan unless that's the goal.

SKFOOTER said:
And what's gonna keep hunters from bringing a doe in from off the base and checking it in?

If they care about ever hunting the Fort again they will not attempt something that will ban them Forever.

A better plan would be kill your buck and you're done. Lots of hunters keep hunting after they kill their Buck because the regs allow that and then if a good buck presents the opportunity then what are friends for? The opportunity for doe meat and extended opportunity goes away with no tag so my guess is more does get harvested, less bucks poached, less deer to intefer with post operations everybody wins. A mandated doe killing will wipe out a lot of the population.. just sayin.

I dunno why all of a sudden they changed it to earn a buck other than a new biologist recently did a deer study and they had a hunt council meeting. Before the new regs were approved they put out to us at the office that it was going to be earn a buck. I'm no biologist, I do know that several button bucks and spotted fawns are killed each year any way. We had 1038 deer checked in last and if everyone killed the 3 deer possible we wouldn't need an earn a buck program. I understand everyone(me included) wants a big buck but without population controls the deer herd will go to down hill anyways.

So now we are going to have a new regulation!One thats not in the books yet!.

And now we have speculation of a lifetime ban!
Where did that come from?

Abusing the phone system suposed to be a lifetime ban also.
Guess what.People are coming back from the dead.

the does will go on lock down when they are getting shot at everyday.. u better kill a doe fast or it could make for a long season

Yeah its a fact! Kill a doe before you can kill a buck. It may not be all season long, just til the buck to doe ratio is better from what the GW told me today while dove hunting.

JDP said:
Yeah its a fact! Kill a doe before you can kill a buck. It may not be all season long, just til the buck to doe ratio is better from what the GW told me today while dove hunting.
thats good if he is flexible about it!!! I'm sure the numbers are 12:1, but i think it needs to be taken into account that that ratio is more representative of the areas 1-11, not the big woods and North areas...

SKFOOTER said:
Same thing happened on the Tennessee National Refuge. Especially on the Duck River Bottoms portion. It seems the point is to reduce the deer population population as a whole. And that's not a wise plan unless that's the goal.

Funny you say that the new biologist on fort is the biologist son from TN refuge.

Latest posts

Back