• Help Support TNDeer:

FT. CAMPBELL 2014

hard to drive from Knoxville knowing u have to kill a doe first and the only area u could get was one that's been hunting all season so much for doe movement..lol

Well I might be from Knoxville but I am stationed here for about 14 years. So I might just be a transplant. But in all seriousness I do think this will have a positive effect on the deer herd. And there are a LOT of does on post.

been here since 2004 going to try and get out there this year. as for deer on post see them every morning on the way into work, good to go after those does

I'll stay in the archery areas... Good luck with the orange wave chasing bambi to earn a buck. I've seen this tried before at Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN. Didn't pan out the way the biologist thought it would. Honestly, I would rather see an antler restriction on post, say 12" width, this has worked well at Fort Knox.

It is kind of nice to have a little twist on things.
Just whack a Doe and start your buck hunt.
It will not be that simple for everyone but it makes the hunting more challenging and the longer this rule is in place the tougher the hunting will be.
Not sure what the success rate is now but its probably 20% or less and sometimes nothing is killed.
You'll just have to take pictures of the Bucks that walk by prior to you ever seeing your first Doe.
No pressure at all if you just love to hunt and be in the woods.

The whole state of Kentucky is probably more than a 12 to 1 ratio.
I guess they need a earn a buck program too. :)
First two weeks should tell the story.Noone will pass up a doe so the doe kill should at least triple over last year.Lets see how many more does are taken.
Im like others who hunt the camp quite often.Go many hunts and never see a deer.Buck or doe.

holstonangler- hunters shooting yearlings, buttons included, to try for a branch antlered buck on a one day hunt doesn't make sense. If you want to increase the doe to buck ratio, increase standards to protect young bucks.

If this is true it will change the hunting on post big time. The best example is the cross creek refuge hunts. The refuge was overpopulated no doubt but in a knee jerk attempt the earn a buck program was put in place and the slaughter began. I have a couple of friends that have adjoining farms and at first it seemed to improve things but quickly the herd was killed down to levels that made a deer sighting a rare opportunity! Brown its down will also make for some dangerous hunts at the post.

Latest posts

Back