• Help Support TNDeer:

FT. CAMPBELL 2014

Last year was my first year hunting it we hunted 2 days i seen one spike my buddy seen souple does and a small 6 i think lol not going give up tho maybe it will happen this year lol

Thanks Tn Joe.Will have to check for them next time im up there.

Inside information on 40 and 41. Guarenteed! Wait and see! :)
Need shotgun when hunting in the impact area. :)
And i miss almost as much as Lil Joker. :)

Roost,@fulldraw.How bout a broadhead shoot next time. No 20 yard shots. Al 30-40-50. Real broadheads,no mechanicals. :)

Heads up for hunting on the Fort!! In order to improve the quality of deer hunting on post and to get the buck to doe ratio back in check. There will be new earn a buck program this year. You must kill a doe before you can kill a buck.

JDP said:
Heads up for hunting on the Fort!! In order to improve the quality of deer hunting on post and to get the buck to doe ratio back in check. There will be new earn a buck program this year. You must kill a doe before you can kill a buck.

Wow! New biologist didnt take long to stir things up.
Personally i dont like it but will have to live with it.

JDP said:

Are you serious? Hope y'all patrol all the access points.

@fulldraw said:
JDP said:

Are you serious? Hope y'all patrol all the access points.

My guess is most guys will be taking a gun in early season.
Theres already to many bucks going out without being checked in.
Think i guys going to pass a big buck cause he hasnt shot his doe first? I dont.

JDP said:
I think that could be great! gonna be different, but cool for sure

Jamey if you shoot a doe can you keep hunting for a buck or do you have to come check it in first
And are there any areas that need more does taken out than others

I'm in Florida right now with some family health issues. I don't have all the details right now. I am pretty sure you can since you are able to check in 2 deer at the same time. As for the areas that need thinned out, I know 00A and 00C were opened last year for that reason. But they didn't kill that many does out of them. The new biologist did a deer count last week and I think the doe to buck ratio was like 12 to 1.

That number seems a little skewed. I have hunted places where the ratio was 20-22 to 1 and you could go an entire season without seeing a buck. FtC doesn't seem that way unless it's changed a lot since last I've hunted there.

Think I saw three last year.but got do what I got to do this would be a good time to start a hunters for the hungry project.it will suck drivin home to cut up a doe then drivin back up

I'm thinking I won't be visiting some of my farther spots any time soon. No way am I dragging a doe a long ways. Time to find some doe spots close to the road!

Latest posts

Back