FT. CAMPBELL 2014

JDP

Last Saturday was busy sold aloft permits, this week we have only been open Wednesday and today. Gonna be busy this weekend I'm sure.

JDP

Used to they could just renew and never have to come in person. So they would have they same guys active number without them coming in to get new pic or card. At least this way we can put 2 and 2 together and suspend those that cheat. May not be today or tomorrow but they will get caught...

JDP

Don't know if anyone knows him but COL(ret) Jack Oliver passed away yesterday after battling cancer. They say he started the hunting program on the fort many years ago! Not only was he on the hunting counsel but he also volunteered by giving a spring turkey seminar on post every year and he also ran the Commanding Generals turkey hunt for the soldiers.

He will be dearly missed on the fort!!

Mr.Bro

JDP said:
Don't know if anyone knows him but COL(ret) Jack Oliver passed away yesterday after battling cancer. They say he started the hunting program on the fort many years ago! Not only was he on the hunting counsel but he also volunteered by giving a spring turkey seminar on post every year and he also ran the Commanding Generals turkey hunt for the soldiers.

He will be dearly missed on the fort!!

I first met Mr.Oliver at LBL while turkey hunting in the mid 1970s.He and a bunch of others used to camp at Nevills Bay.Nice guy.Sorry to hear of his passing.

jumpmaster21

COL Oliver was a great man, who cared about Fort Campbell and the outdoor community. I was able to meet him during the CG's Turkey hunt and came away impressed.

Rest in peace COL Oliver. I'll do my best to whack a few longbeards for you this spring.

Latest posts