• Help Support TNDeer:

Hey Bob White! Bob White!

Got a new pair at a clover plot I've never seen or heard them at. Saw them yesterday! Top sowed wheat into it last fall due to drought. Mowed wheat a few weeks ago & they were feeding on seed on the ground.

One thing that I don't understand is that our birds are the big ole timey Bob White & not the small "Mexican Quail" we had in the 70's & 80's. Back then you couldn't find a Bob White.

If you never built it you won't ever know they were there
I enrolled my property in the short leaf pine initiative and planted hundreds of native shrubs in low land areas. It's not a big piece of property but would be plenty to help support some wild birds. What sucks is I'm only about 2-1/2 miles from Seven islands State birding park and they have a fairly strong bobwhite population there. I wish they'd fly down the river and spread out. Haha.

I enrolled my property in the short leaf pine initiative and planted hundreds of native shrubs in low land areas. It's not a big piece of property but would be plenty to help support some wild birds. What sucks is I'm only about 2-1/2 miles from Seven islands State birding park and they have a fairly strong bobwhite population there. I wish they'd fly down the river and spread out. Haha.
2.5 miles of nothing is a lot for a Bob to cover. I used to live in Seymour and fish out of that ramp. I don't recall much of anything off 7 islands that would halfway pass for habitat.

Latest posts

Back