• Help Support TNDeer:

If you only had one?

just to catch fish, 4" plastic swim bait rigged damiki style. i really like some of these new plastics especially for my panfish setups.
Just got in some tiny charlie brewer 1" sliders. Gonna rig them on a trout magnet jig head with a tiny slip shot about a foot above the jighead for crappie and bluegill

IMG_4485.webp

Just got in some tiny charlie brewer 1" sliders. Gonna rig them on a trout magnet jig head with a tiny slip shot about a foot above the jighead for crappie and bluegill

i talked with the gal that runs it now and theyve outsourced a lot of their bait manufacturing and to me they are not as good as they used to be. the mold seam is opposite to the way it used to be and they dont seem tobhave the action as they used to.

ive switched over to elastec plastics and their action is unbelievable.

For catching fish, plastic worm. For excitement I would choose any topwater. I rather catch 1 fish on a topwater than 10 on a worm

Zoom UV Speed Craw, Texas-rigged. Junebug when it's cloudy, green pumpkin in the sunshine (or black in the mud). Extremely versatile.

Weightless even makes it a little plastic buzzbait—but generally all of this is a finesse rod setup.

If I could only ever throw 1 bait ever again I'd still say a Rebel Pop-R. Won't work for some of the year, but I'm not going to give up my top water fishing.

Interesting results for sure. Most exciting for me is top water.

I picked jerk bait above "if I could have only one" but my favorite technique by far is top water. Plopper or popper either one.

Latest posts

Back