• Help Support TNDeer:

Lake Lice

One reason I avoid the water on holiday weekends. And weekends in general. And why I prefer smaller lakes and rivers. As a kayaker, I'm extra wary of those that like to show off their big boats, make big wake with their big powerful motors, and their big trucks to tow it.

My Xpress is a dual console. The passenger console has a nice stereo/cd player mounted inside. I never turned it on for the first couple years, then I decided that console took up way too much room. I took it out and put it in the spare bedroom. When I get ready to sell the boat I'll reinstall it.
I had them on the last two boats I owned and never turned them on . Bought a brand new bass boat in the 70's worse investment I ever made . Happy day when I sold it . The next few I bought was someone's else's happy day never a new one again too much depreciation. If you use them quite a bit then I can see it but I've finally got boating out of my system too many jerks on the water.

I've wondered that myself...how they can afford such things. The only person I personally know that has a big wake boat and new truck, is in his 20s and works at the same place I do. I know what our payscale is and know there ain't no way he can afford that stuff on just our wages haha. But...he has that youth energy on his side. He works full time at one job and has a landscaping/mowing business on the side. His wife works at the hospital that does something with reading x rays, etc. He is always on the go. I'm too old and lazy to do all that. I'm at nearly 300 hours over time for the year already and haven't volunteered for any of it. I get done with 12 hr shifts for the night and I'm not clocking out just to go to another job. That's just me. Some of these young cats are working one full time job, going straight to another after they get off from the first job, and also in college at the same time. They like having toys way more than me for sure.

Side note...I used to hate waverunners. They don't bother me any more. It's the wake boats and yachts that will run you over and or try to sink you. They think that stuff is a spectator activity and like to have a crowd watching them. You used to be able to fish at night to get away from them in the summer. Not any more around here. They have em decked out with lights and such now and run around the lake at night too.

Last edited:
I've wondered that myself...how they can afford such things. The only person I personally know that has a big wake boat and new truck, is in his 20s and works at the same place I do. I know what our payscale is and know there ain't no way he can afford that stuff on just our wages haha. But...he has that youth energy on his side. He works full time at one job and has a landscaping/mowing business on the side. His wife works at the hospital that does something with reading x rays, etc. He is always on the go. I'm too old and lazy to do all that. I'm at nearly 300 hours over time for the year already and haven't volunteered for any of it. I get done with 12 hr shifts for the night and I'm not clocking out just to go to another job. That's just me. Some of these young cats are working one full time job, going straight to another after they get off from the first job, and also in college at the same time. They like having toys way more than me for sure.
They get old before their time, if they make it to old!

Side note...I used to hate waverunners. They don't bother me any more. It's the wake boats and yachts that will run you over and or try to sink you. They think that stuff is a spectator activity and like to have a crowd watching them. You used to be able to fish at night to get away from them in the summer. Not any more around here. They have em decked out with lights and such now and run around the lake at night too.
When bad things to happen to those idiots running wide open at night maybe they will think twice if they live.

Last edited:
I wish bad things to happen to those idiots running wide open at night. Not that they hit someone else, just a log or sandbar.
Man I been on the lake where a fishing tournament opened at midnight and 20 boats ran across the water wide open.

$100k for a wakeboard boat???
Try $200k. Went to a USED boat place a month or so back and every USED wakeboard boat they had on the lot was $249k to $329k.

See a lot of them on the river. Some are courteous boaters and stay away from other boats and some are just ignorant or a$$holes.

Had to deal with two wakeboarders on Sunday that just insisted on passing by us at 50 yards instead of using the rest of the river to have their fun. After the second pass, it came to a head.

LoL, they won't forget what my tritoon looks like for awhile...

Maybe, but we don't bother them. Therein lies the difference.
EXACTLY!! They intentionally seek out fisherman just to tick them off. I've heard them many times say things like "let's go run the rednecks off". You can't help but hear them because they have to yell over their boom boom music. Then they laugh about it when they nearly knock you down because of their wakes. I wish every one of them would blow a motor and be stranded out on the lake where I could ride by them back and forth singing "na na na na....na na na na...hey hey hey GOODBYE" and just leave em stranded.

Had to deal with two wakeboarders on Sunday that just insisted on passing by us at 50 yards instead of using the rest of the river to have their fun.
I took my son to Pickwick a some years ago for a 3 day weekend of fishing. He was 13 or 14 at the time. We were on a big grass flat catching bass like crazy one morning when 3 homos in a wake boat pulled up 100 yards away and started filling their ballasts and cracking beers at 7am. I figured they would ease on off to do their thing. I was wrong. They cranked up and passed by us at 50 yards throwing a 4 foot wake across our grass flat. It must've done something to the fish. We never got another bite on that spot.

When I used to have fishing boats, I made it a policy to NEVER go out on a lake during a holiday weekend, or stay much past 12-1 on a regular weekend. Too many amateur's at the boat ramp and idjits on the water. I'd find a creek or small river to wade fish on holidays.
Yes. Holiday weekends suck for big lakes. I used to go to no wake lakes, but now that my boat stays at Sardis I fish the upper end of the lake where all the standing timber is.

Latest posts

Back