• Help Support TNDeer:

Lake Lice

$100k for a wakeboard boat???
Try $200k. Went to a USED boat place a month or so back and every USED wakeboard boat they had on the lot was $249k to $329k.

See a lot of them on the river. Some are courteous boaters and stay away from other boats and some are just ignorant or a$$holes.

Had to deal with two wakeboarders on Sunday that just insisted on passing by us at 50 yards instead of using the rest of the river to have their fun. After the second pass, it came to a head.

LoL, they won't forget what my tritoon looks like for awhile...
Ive bought big farms dor less than that!

Every time I'm fishing and a jet ski or ski boat sees how close they can get I begin to fantasize about the sound of a piston going through the crankcase. It hasn't happened yet, but I'll hang on to the dream.
I used to hook on a huge Zara Spook and would keep my back to them and turn and cast in their direction. Pretending I didn't see them. Never caught one but tried many times.

18 year old boat. If you count the Garmin Force trolling motor and Lithium batteries I'm at $9200. :oops:
I think with everything,thats when i get my raptors and crappie brakes mounted.I will have $18,000 in electronics on my boat.
Hds 12
Hds 9
Helix 10
Helix 9
Mega 360
8612 garmin
Lvs 34 livescope
36volt ultrex
Lowpro livescope (t handle to turn livescope)
Cornfield crappie double shorty
Big ram mount D
Point 1 gps puck
Nema 2000 backbone
Ionic 125ah and 3 50 ah lithium batteries
36volt 40ah impulse lithium
4 bank 12volt 10amp ionic charger
1 bank 36volt 10 amp ionic charger
Power pole sandwich brackets
8ft minnkota raptors
2 30lb trolling motors for crappie brakes
Performance brakes mounting kits raptor

I think with everything,thats when i get my raptors and crappie brakes mounted.I will have $18,000 in electronics on my boat.
Hds 12
Hds 9
Helix 10
Helix 9
Mega 360
8612 garmin
Lvs 34 livescope
36volt ultrex
Big ram mount D
Point 1 gps puck
Nema 2000 backbone
8ft minnkota raptors
My 2021 G3 came with a POS Lowrance Hook Reveal. I would like to replace it (console mount) with something better in the 750 to 800'ish dollar range. What would you recommend? I don't have anything in the bow area for now and not planning anything in the near future. I just like to fish but would like to see stuff while I am driving to the areas I like to fish. Water depth, contours, temp. and good map with GPS.

My 2021 G3 came with a POS Lowrance Hook Reveal. I would like to replace it (console mount) with something better in the 750 to 800'ish dollar range. What would you recommend? I don't have anything in the bow area for now and not planning anything in the near future. I just like to fish but would like to see stuff while I am driving to the areas I like to fish. Water depth, contours, temp. and good map with GPS.
If you dont think you want to network the helix 7 is a good starter budget friendly unit at $549
Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G4 Fish Finder/Chartplotter

Most like to network 2 units together eventually to share waypoints.Helix 7 chirp msi g4n is a good starter networkable unit,nut its $949.
Humminbird HELIX7 CHIRP MSI[/H1]
GPS G4N

Hds 12
Hds 9
Helix 10
Helix 9
Mega 360
8612 garmin
Lvs 34 livescope
36volt ultrex
Big ram mount D
Point 1 gps puck
Nema 2000 backbone
8ft minnkota raptors
You win!

I got everything at cost,the benefits of working at a fishing electronics store.Still lots of guys with more electronics than me.I save alot because i installed everything myself also.Most of my electronics i also paid for with the money i made from doing installs on the side with my buddy.I know one guy from grenada he has 8622 garmin for livescope,retail is like $10,000 for the one unit.

Oh and i also sold $4500 dollars of used electronics when i bought the boat i have now,that helped alot also.

If you dont think you want to network the helix 7 is a good starter budget friendly unit at $549
Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP SI GPS G4 Fish Finder/Chartplotter

Most like to network 2 units together eventually to share waypoints.Helix 7 chirp msi g4n is a good starter networkable unit,nut its $949.
Humminbird HELIX7 CHIRP MSI[/H1]
GPS G4N
Thank you, Sir!

Not to be confused with big city ash holes from out of state. That's how they roll. They now have moved here. Brought all big city big money BS. Rude as they can possibly be at the boat ramp. Complete disregard for anyone as if they own the place. But yet again that's how they grew up. I've clashed with them several times. It's gotten so bad I dread taking my boat out on the weekends. These are the type that buy F-350's. Don't tow anything of any weight. Put big tires on the truck jack it up and never go off road. Put a confederate flag sticker in the window. And or a Go Brandon sticker on the back window. Listen to todays garbage country music. With a 1000 watt amp and big speakers. And own a Carhartt jacket. Even if they live in South FL where it never gets cold. Oh and can't forget the skoal can in the back pocket. Pouches no doubt. They call themselves country boys. Now over the past couple years they've moved in on us. Hooray
Sounds like just about every out of state duck hunter that invades Arkansas every year.

I wish bad things to happen to those idiots running wide open at night. Not that they hit someone else, just a log or sandbar.
Why would you wish that?
I fish a lot at night every year. I am comfortable running at night under the right conditions. Why would you wish bad things on me? That's an ignorant comment.

Last edited:
Why would you wish that?
I fish a lot at night every year. I am comfortable running at night under the right conditions. Why would you wish bad things on me? That's an ignorant comment.
I've re-worded my comment. It now says "When bad things happen to those idiots maybe they will think twice if they live." There, I've not wished anything. If you want to risk your safety to go fast after dark, we'll that's on you. Me, I go slow and safe. I'm in no hurry to have a boating accident that can be avoided by slowing down.

Apparently some of them are starting their holiday weekends early. Yesterday I pulled my boat out and there are some fishermen hanging around the fish cleaning station at the ramp talking. It's 50 yards from the water. Two douche canoes in a new ski boat are idling around the no wake zone blaring music so loud we could barely hear each other. Turns out they were waiting on douche canoe #3. I'm guessing it was a $100k boat and I saw the trailer in the parking lot hooked to a brand new top of the line crew cab 4wd 3/4 ton Dodge. These DCs appeared to be in their mid 20s. I was wondering how they afford all that and it occurred to me that they are probably all married to each other in some kind of ghey poly insanity. I just wonder where someone gets that kind of need for attention. One of my fishing buds says their mamas didn't hug them when they were kids. As someone that never felt the need to try and impress anyone I don't get the "look at me! look at me! everybody look at me!" lake lice mentality. I'm glad I get to fish on weekdays and have minimal exposure to these DCs. I will admit I enjoy watching them try to back a trailer down the ramp and load a boat. Comedy at its finest! 😅
I think you are blaming the wrong generation. They were brought by enablers. This new generation is loaded with people that haven't had to work or be responsible. They feel entitled. Bazaaro world.

Latest posts

Back