• Help Support TNDeer:

LBL Deer Hunting 2024

LBL Hunting Facebook account just posted this, so sharing with the group here:

"The new regulations for the 2024-2025 deer season on LBL are up. There are some big changes including harvest limits, trail camera setup time frames, and check in requirements. All good stuff to read before hunting. I noticed last year ALOT of people just walking around with rifles during the state gun season but out of the quota hunt dates. Be sure to read all rules and regulations and educate those in the field who are unfamiliar. Best of luck to all this hunting season and stay safe."

LBL Hunting Link
does the tn side of lbl archery open Sept 7th?

KY also added a gun hunt this year so probably better. Buck limit is 1 only and both hunts fall before and toward end of gun hunts. They also conflict with wma quotas and Fort Knox. I just put in for all. :)

does the tn side of lbl archery open Sept 7th?
Yes, see below.
1722571089770.webp

Can anyone confirm your allowed one buck on tn side and one buck on ky side. Years past it has been 1 buck on lbl only, they way I read it now you allowed to harvest 2 bucks one per state

The LBL buck limit is one (1), period, regardless which state you take it at LBL.

If you are drawn for an LBL quota gun hunt, but earlier take a buck at LBL during an archery season segment, your LBL quota gun hunt then becomes antlerLESS only.

Also, bucks killed on LBL count against their respective statewide buck limit.
This means if you kill a buck during LBL early archery, either your KY or your TN statewide buck limit is reduced by 1 buck (depending on which state you take it at LBL). If you kill that buck on the KY side of LBL, you're limited out on bucks for KY, since KY is a 1-buck limit state.

Just thinking of possible scenarios that could be disappointing (or a mixed blessing, depending on how you're thinking about it) . . . . . . . .

Let's say you are drawn for an LBL quota gun hunt this November.
That permit allows for 1 antlered & 1 antlerless deer, just keep in mind the antlered one (buck) counts towards your respective statewide buck limit.

If your quota gun LBL permit is on the TN side, and you, say, take a buck during TN's early archery, then take another buck during TN's early muzzleloader, then you've limited out on bucks in TN. Therefore your quota LBL gun hunt (possibly only a few days later) becomes antlerless only.

Last edited:
The way it reads now is 1 on KY portion and 1 on TN portion,to me that means 2 bucks. If it is still 1 buck only per LBL they need to clarify that, before season starts up

The way it reads now is 1 on KY portion and 1 on TN portion,to me that means 2 bucks. If it is still 1 buck only per LBL they need to clarify that, before season starts up
Just spoke with LBL Biologist Mr. Curtis Fowler and he confirmed that you can legally kill a buck in each State (1 in KY & 1 TN) on LBL this season.

On a side note, if you reference last years 2023-2024 deer fact sheet table, it leads me to believe you could likely have legally done the same last year, but the regs were not as clear in last year's table, IMO. Mr. Fowler alluded to the fact that this was the second year for these regs (legal buck in each state).

So there it is, if you have a valid buck tag for each State (TN & KY), you can legally kill a buck in TN LBL portion and KY LBL portion.

Just spoke with LBL Biologist Mr. Curtis Fowler and he confirmed that you can legally kill a buck in each State (1 in KY & 1 TN) on LBL this season.

On a side note, if you reference last years 2023-2024 deer fact sheet table, it leads me to believe you could likely have legally done the same last year, but the regs were not as clear in last year's table, IMO. Mr. Fowler alluded to the fact that this was the second year for these regs (legal buck in each state).

So there it is, if you have a valid buck tag for each State (TN & KY), you can legally kill a buck in TN LBL portion and KY LBL portion.

Thank you Andy!

There's been so many screw ups, this may end up being correct, but I wouldn't attempt taking a 2nd buck without further clarification. It HAS BEEN 1 buck, period, take that buck in either state.

Latest posts

Back