• Help Support TNDeer:

LBL deer hunting dates

They have
Screenshot_20220614-120937_Chrome.jpg

wow...these folks can't get anything right.. Last year they moved the first gun hunt from the 2nd weekend of ML (where it is supposed to be) to the opening weekend of gun. They told me they would move it back to the 2nd weekend of ML this year and now they have it set up on the 1st weekend... which may be too early.

wow...these folks can't get anything right.. Last year they moved the first gun hunt from the 2nd weekend of ML (where it is supposed to be) to the opening weekend of gun.
All a matter of perspective.
Many people have argued the juvenile hunters were given a poor date to hunt, for two reasons.
Coincided with statewide juvenile date, and was BEFORE good deer movement in November.

This year the youth hunt will be in November.

Also, many adult hunters complained the quota hunts interfered with the opening of statewide muzzleloader. This year, the 1st adult quota hunt will be in October, and is a true "bonus" hunting opportunity for those who don't bowhunt.

Hard to please everybody.
Really hard to even get close.

All a matter of perspective.
Many people have argued the juvenile hunters were given a poor date to hunt, for two reasons.
Coincided with statewide juvenile date, and was BEFORE good deer movement in November.

This year the youth hunt will be in November.

Also, many adult hunters complained the quota hunts interfered with the opening of statewide muzzleloader. This year, the 1st adult quota hunt will be in October, and is a true "bonus" hunting opportunity for those who don't bowhunt.

Hard to please everybody.
Really hard to even get close.
Dang it I misread... now I am more mad. I thought the Nov-5-6 date was the first adult quota... why not just put the adult quota on the second weekend of ML (Nov 11-13)???? who cares if the youth hunt is the weekend before. those deer get running and it is NOT too much pressure.

The old hunt dates did not interfere with the opener of ML. It was the second weekend of ML... they messed it up last year and I called them. They admitted they messed up... Said, they were going back to normal schedule this year and it is more messed up now...
If it were a bonus buck it would be a true bonus opportunity, but they are just starting to run up there, that second weekend in November. Bucks are cruising at that time. The only benefit of this date, is they will not have been shot at yet.

Latest posts

Back