• Help Support TNDeer:

Maine Bear Hunt…last minute opening due health issue

GreeneGriz

Book this open spot and you can drive up with me and hunt. Date is September 9-14. My dad had to back out because of a medical issue wirh his eyes.
We will he staying Offgrid cabin on a lake Allagashgateway Campground & Cabins , 30 miles up the "Golden road " from the town of Millinocket. We will be hunting private land with plenty of BIG bear. Spend a week in the big woods of Maine.
IMG_1591.webp

Attachments

• IMG_1592.webp
    IMG_1592.webp
    206.1 KB · Views: 1
Would be awesome. What a drive and hunt.

While camping just outside of Catoosa a few years back. Three overlanders came into the campground about 10:00 on a Friday night right across from us. They had just come from Texas and were heading to Maine. One guy had a moose tag and two of his buddies and wives were following along. Awesome vehicles. One Tacoma (4 door but no back seats), 4runner and a Landcruiser.

Would be awesome. What a drive and hunt.

While camping just outside of Catoosa a few years back. Three overlanders came into the campground about 10:00 on a Friday night right across from us. They had just come from Texas and were heading to Maine. One guy had a moose tag and two of his buddies and wives were following along. Awesome vehicles. One Tacoma (4 door but no back seats), 4runner and a Landcruiser.
It's not a bad drive from Tennessees. I usually go about 1/2 way the first day and then stay overnight or crash in a rest area and then drive the last 1/2 and don't get in a rush. I have also driven it non stop except for gas/bathroom stops. Lol

Book this open spot and you can drive up with me and hunt. Date is September 9-14. My dad had to back out because of a medical issue wirh his eyes.
We will he staying Offgrid cabin on a lake Allagashgateway Campground & Cabins , 30 miles up the "Golden road " from the town of Millinocket. We will be hunting private land with plenty of BIG bear. Spend a week in the big woods of Maine.
View attachment 240496
How much $$$?
Hunting license required in Maine? If so how much?

Put me down as interested. I'll be more than happy to pay more than half gas.

Downside: I only have a Marlin 45-70 or Remlin 30-30 to hunt with. :(

ETA: More bad news: The wifey unit has said "hell Yes! You should go!"

Now WTF do I do????

Last edited:
It's not a bad drive from Tennessees. I usually go about 1/2 way the first day and then stay overnight or crash in a rest area and then drive the last 1/2 and don't get in a rush. I have also driven it non stop except for gas/bathroom stops. Lol
22 hours 39 minutes and 1444 miles from here (I-65 near the AL/TN border). aka Piece of Cake.

How much $$$?
Hunting license required in Maine? If so how much?

Put me down as interested. I'll be more than happy to pay more than half gas.

Downside: I only have a Marlin 45-70 or Remlin 30-30 to hunt with. :(
Balance if hunt is $1750
Licenses are just under $200
That 45-70 is as good as it gets for bear!
Message me and I will send you the comtact phone # to call and make sure the spot is available and get any further info.

Latest posts

Back