• Help Support TNDeer:

New TN State Record Musky

It probably will not stand long.... There are some big muskies in Melton hill.... There have been others caught over 50 inches as well.... Congrats to the fisherman but I will be surprised if the record last more than a few years... but it is still nice to have a record even if for a short time

Very cool.

Won't surprise me if the world-record smallmouth doesn't get topped again, and again will come from TN.

Also agree with others
that this new musky record is unlikely to last long before it's topped with a yet larger TN muskie! :)

nice fish hate that it died. I have seen 3 musky caught and released that would of beat that fish l.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sako":33u7ig3y said:
It probably will not stand long.... There are some big muskies in Melton hill.... There have been others caught over 50 inches as well.... Congrats to the fisherman but I will be surprised if the record last more than a few years... but it is still nice to have a record even if for a short time

Congrats to the fisherman.

A guide friend of mine on Dale Hollow had a client catch one last fall that was 49# and 55" -they released it to fight another day.

ewc":91msv2se said:
Sako":91msv2se said:

Congrats to the fisherman.

A guide friend of mine on Dale Hollow had a client catch one last fall that was 49# and 55" -they released it to fight another day.

Dave is a great guide and great guy.

We used to bowfish melton hill all the time before I sold my bowfishing rig. We would see a ton of musky every single night we went in the late spring and summer. Some were small, some were big and few were giants. I'd tell any musky fishermen at the ramp where we saw them trying to trade for grass carp info and plus I don't fish for musky. We always kinda got shrugged off when I'd tell them how big some of the fish were especially seeing as how we work in fisheries and 2 of us are biologist, so we knew what we were seeing. I can promise you without a doubt we saw several 50"+ fish. Here's the kicker, these fish were not in places you traditionally think a musky would be. But it was also night time. We always said we were going to carry a rod with a big swim bait on it to try and catch one but never did.

I've never fished for them but I've heard they are difficult fish to catch. And don't doubt it one bit, But at night, under lights, they are stupid. They will literally follow the boat just on the edge of the lights and and sometimes swimming 2' from the boat in the lights. They were so bad in one particular spot, we would make new guys ask before they shot at a fish that wasn't a carp or buffalo. Kinda hard to mistake one for anything else. They're very unique looking fish under lights.

Latest posts

Back