• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Now, just need that rain

Good for you!
Hopefully the plot will be good for my wife and son to get opportunities on a good deer, and be good for the local wildlife as well. We don't have much ground, so try to do what i can to encourage deer to use our property. I usually prefer to hunt more in the woods, but I definitely won't pass hunting a plot if a deer I am after is showing up there.

Hopefully the plot will be good for my wife and son to get opportunities on a good deer, and be good for the local wildlife as well. We don't have much ground, so try to do what i can to encourage deer to use our property. I usually prefer to hunt more in the woods, but I definitely won't pass hunting a plot if a deer I am after is showing up there.
For us, the problem is attracting deer to the highest hunting pressure property in the area. Few of my neighbors hunt hard anymore. We've got a lot of hunters in the woods on my place, producing a lot of pressure. The three things that draw deer to our place is 1) acorns, but we don't have any this year; 2) food plots, and it was looking like we wouldn't have those either; and lastly 3) thick security cover, of which we have the best of that among the surrounding properties.

Problem is, last time we didn't have acorns or food plots (2022) we had the worst season in 20 years.

Latest posts

Back