• Help Support TNDeer:

Primos Blood hunter HD light?

DMD

I'm the last person in the world who goes for gimmicks...I've been hunting with basically the same equipment for 20-30 years. But, I'm color deficient. I have an extremely difficult time seeing blood on the ground. It's become even more difficult as I have gotten older as my eyesight in general isn't what it was when I was 25. What are opinions on the Primos Blood hunter HD light?

I just carry a squirt bottle in my retrieval kit with oxygen peroxide. I have tested it to make sure it works, but never had to use it in practice because I have not had any issues following a blood trail yet. Worth a look to see if that will work for you, then just a plain ole white light can be used in the dark.

I just carry a squirt bottle in my retrieval kit with oxygen peroxide. I have tested it to make sure it works, but never had to use it in practice because I have not had any issues following a blood trail yet. Worth a look to see if that will work for you, then just a plain ole white light can be used in the dark.
I've used peroxide before. TBH, had forgotten about it. Good idea.

Probably about like the others that have been marketed to do the same. Wife got me a Gerber carnivore light back when they came out. I used it some and was never able to tell that it really helped. Ended up breaking within a very short amount of usage. Better off buying a mag light with LEDs.

Those are for the most part just gimmicks in my opinion. What helps see blood at night is a light with a high CRI (color rendering index) of at least 90 and around 5000K.

I bought a lil cheap black light flashlight from Amazon to detect dog tinkle in case I miss one of these mongrels having an accident. Byproduct, it glows anything bio. Good and cheap

Last edited:
I've found LED lights greatly diminish the color of blood. My blood tracking lights are always incandescent and need to produce a lot of yellow wavelength light.

I had one of the blood trailing lights a while back. It worked OK as long as the ground was not wet. Add in moisture of any kind, even just a heavy dew, and everything reflected back rendering the light useless.

Latest posts

Back